No announcement yet.

How to get paper in correct GIS space?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to get paper in correct GIS space?

I am trying to use Canvas X 2018 GIS to show, edit and print a georeferenced dxf.

The page layout is way over at 0,0 but my objects are over at 589000mE, 7712000mN.

How do I get drawing to sit on the page while still maintaining correct coordinates?

Try these steps:

1. Determine the coordinates of the upper left corner of the map and write it down somewhere

2. Select GIS>Choose Reference Point

3. Click on the page where you want the upper left corner of the map to appear

4. In the ensuing dialog box, leave the left side untouched. On the right side, enter the coordinates that you wrote down in step 1. Make sure Preserve object positions and Apply to hidden layers are checked.

These steps should reposition the map on the page for you. For years, I have asked for a simpler solution: a GIS "grabber hand" that would move the page under the area of the map without changing the positions of anything but so far no luck...

Comment

Thank you rwallx, your workflow does exactly what I was trying to achieve.

The description in the Canvas X regarding the GIS reference point is a bit brief.

A GIS "grabbber hand" tool that you suggest to move the page under the area of the map would be most useful.

Comment

Another way to do this, if scale can change, is to use menu command Layout->document scale-> fit all (or selected) objects to sheet.

Comment

Working...
        X