gone slow

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gone slow

My copy has suddenly gone very slow. I offload photos onto my mac, and then look at them with ACDSee, and it used to be very quick to generate thumbnails. Now it takes a couple of minutes before it starts generating them. I have tried emptying the database etc, but doesn't make any difference. Any ideas?

I was kinda looking for a reply from the admins. I have paid for this product, and would like some support please

Comment

seriously, nobody from this company cares about their customers???

Comment

Hello CornishBoy,

Please note that the ACD Forum is not an official support channel. Yes, ACD Staff do monitor and participate at times but support problems are best managed by the ACD Customer Care Team.

You can contact Customer Care by email or phone.

With that said I will ask QA to help troubleshot this problem here. They will get back to you ASAP.

If needed, to contact Customer Care please see:
        http://www.acdsystems.com/en/support/form

Comment

Hi CornishBoy,

Sorry for the delayed reply. May I ask some questions:

1) Where are the images located? On a local drive, removable drive, network share, etc?
          2) What type of images are they? RAW, jpg, or something else? What camera model are they from? How big is the filesize on average?
          3) How many images are in the folder that is slow?

Best regards,
          David

Comment

Hi CornishBoy,

One more question, what Sort method are you using in ACDSee?

Thank you,
            David

Comment

Thanks for getting back to me. The images are all on local drives. They are a mixture of raw and jpg, and are from Nikon D800 and D750. Average file size of the jpg's is about 12mb. All folders are slow on generating thumbnails. If I leave it for a few minutes it will start generating the thumbnails. But when I first installed, it would start generating thumbnails as soon as the images were placed into a folder. Sort method is by name

Comment

anything???

Comment

Hi CornishBoy,

Sorry for the delayed reply. I've been trying to reproduce your issue but I am not able to.
                  Please provide details regarding your environment, e.g. Hardware and OS version.
                  Please also provide the output of Console.app (filtered to only show logs from ACDSee) while browsing a folder that is slow.

Thank you,
                  David

Comment

Working...
                  X