Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shortcut keys not working (CMD-1, CTRL-1 etc.)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shortcut keys not working (CMD-1, CTRL-1 etc.)

The shortcut keys like CMD-1 (for making rating=1) don't work. Haven't tried them all but CTRL-1 (for Yellow) doesn't work either.

http://help.acdsystems.com/en/acdsee...0Keys%7C_____1

Hi DIPPOLDS,

Thank you for your report.

1) Have you assigned those keyboard shortcuts to other system commands, either via System Preferences or a third-party application?
    2) What is your keyboard input source language?

Best regards,
    David

Comment

I had this same problem when I started using the Pro 3 Beta, but found that it was because I was storing my images on an external usb drive and had not changed the default ACDSee Preferences value for "Always exclude removable drives from the database". Once I changed that value the cmd-keys started working properly. Could that be your issue as well?

Comment

Originally posted by david@acd View Post
        Hi DIPPOLDS,

Thank you for your report.

1) Have you assigned those keyboard shortcuts to other system commands, either via System Preferences or a third-party application?
        2) What is your keyboard input source language?

Best regards,
        David
        I tried it again and it is working fine in Manage View and Develop. In Develop there is a ~8 second spinning ball when I do a CMD-1 (one star). I am not sure what has changed (although I have restarted the Mac).

My keyboard input source is U.S. I don't have a 3rd party application and the shortcuts in System Preferences are the default from Apple. My photos are local (primary Macintosh HD).

Comment

Hi DIPPOLDS,

Thank you for the reply.

You mention you experienced an 8 second spinning ball when doing Cmd+1. Does this spinning wheel occur every time you press Cmd+1 in Develop mode?
          Is it possible the spinning wheel was caused by some other system activity? Example, maybe it was decoding a large RAW image or encoding an image you had previously saved in the background?

Best regards,
          David

Comment

Originally posted by david@acd View Post
            Hi DIPPOLDS,

Thank you for the reply.

You mention you experienced an 8 second spinning ball when doing Cmd+1. Does this spinning wheel occur every time you press Cmd+1 in Develop mode?
            Is it possible the spinning wheel was caused by some other system activity? Example, maybe it was decoding a large RAW image or encoding an image you had previously saved in the background?

Best regards,
            David
            In Develop mode, doing a CMD-1 (or 2-5) consistently puts up an 8 second spinning ball. In general, I think there is more going on behind the scenes in Develop mode. If I wait 72 seconds after going to a photo in Develop mode, CMD-1 will work instantly.

Test
            Open Activity Monitor
            Open a photo in develop mode. Wait until CPU goes 1-10% on ACDSee

~Second
            0 - change to next photo - CPU goes to ~190%, photo immediately appears
            0-13 - Loading dialog appears
            13-28 - looks like you could edit during this time but suspect not
            29-42 - spinning ball - sometimes it shows twice rather than continuously
            72 - CPU returns to 1-10% on ACDSee. You can CMD-1 or switch to geometry and everything works.

I my view, if it takes 72 seconds to open an NEF, the Loading... dialog should stay on the screen until develop mode is ready.

Comment

Working...
            X