Unable to open Olympus raw image

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unable to open Olympus raw image

I have an Olympus E-M1 Mk ii and it produces two different types of raw images. One, the standard, Pro 4 opens properly but the other, the high resolution version, generates an unsupported message from Pro 4. This second raw image type is generated directly by the E-M1.2 so I am unsure why it can not be opened by Pro 4. Perhaps someone will look into this issue as it does not seem reasonably that I can open one type of raw image in Pro 4 but not the other from the same camera.

My other editing software apps all open this file properly.

The image can be found here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/bx2feq8p97...00034.ORF?dl=0

Hello miksons,

probably you should think about updating ACDSee to version 10 or 2018.
    For me it seems quite normal, that AC Pro4, at least 5 years old software, can't handle the files out of an brandnew cam.
    Just tried it with Ultimate 9, there it doesn't work, too, but Pro and Ultimate 10 work quite well.

Best regards from Germany
    Uwe

P.S.: oops, just recognized, that this is the "Mac"-subforum. Therefore "sorry" for the OT-posting.
    So i have no idea to solve your problem.
    Greetz
    Uwe
    Last edited by uwe1904; 11-26-2017, 01:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by uwe1904 View Post
      Hello miksons,

probably you should think about updating ACDSee to version 10 or 2018.
      For me it seems quite normal, that AC Pro4, at least 5 years old software, can't handle the files out of an brandnew cam.
      Just tried it with Ultimate 9, there it doesn't work, too, but Pro and Ultimate 10 work quite well.

Best regards from Germany
      Uwe

P.S.: oops, just recognized, that this is the "Mac"-subforum. Therefore "sorry" for the OT-posting.
      So i have no idea to solve your problem.
      Greetz
      Uwe
      Yes, this is the Mac sub-forum, but thank you anyway for trying to help.

Pro 4 is the latest Mac version. It would be nice if it were functionally equivalent to the Windows version, but unfortunately it is not.

Comment

Hi miksons,

Thank you for your feedback.
        ACDSee Photo Studio 4.0 depends on macOS for its RAW Support.
        Is your image supported in native Mac apps such as Finder, Photos, or Preview? If not supported in macOS, unfortunately it will not be supported in ACDSee Photo Studio 4.0.

Thanks,
        David

Comment

Originally posted by david@acd View Post
          Hi miksons,

Thank you for your feedback.
          ACDSee Photo Studio 4.0 depends on macOS for its RAW Support.
          Is your image supported in native Mac apps such as Finder, Photos, or Preview? If not supported in macOS, unfortunately it will not be supported in ACDSee Photo Studio 4.0.

Thanks,
          David
          That seems odd as it makes ACDSee Pro 4 the only photo editing app that I have that does not handle these image files. Every other photo editor that I have that is new enough to know about these image files loads them properly, and those are also Mac apps.

Still, I suppose I can convert them to dng format. You do handle dng images, don't you?

And just to let you know, the Windows version of this software does support the high resolution files. I have downloaded the trial and ran it under Parallels, and it works.
          Last edited by miksons; 11-30-2017, 04:05 PM. Reason: Added information

Comment

Working...
          X