Spinning color wheel on startup, application not responding

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spinning color wheel on startup, application not responding

Sigh, not sure what happened, was working with some external drives, moving folders around, and ACDSee stopped responding. Had to force quit the application. Now when I try to open it I get the spinning color wheel, and an 'application not responding' indication in activity monitor, though it is using 99% of a cpu.... Will let it run for a while, before uninstalling and reinstalling, but any other options?

Hi Tomb01,

Sorry for the inconvenience this has caused. If the program does start after a while, please run the database optimization and see if the issue can be addressed. You can find the database optimization feature under the Tools menu.

I also created a support ticket and send to your gmail account to follow up this case, so you can send me the crash report or screenshots to help us understand the issue.

Regards,
    James
    ACD Customer Care

Comment

Again problem with moving files and folders around. This is not an isolated case. It's a fundamental issue with the app and has been flagged previously but nothing is happening, no response.

Comment

Working...
      X