Copy large folder from one external drive to second external drive fails

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Copy large folder from one external drive to second external drive fails

Tried to copy a large folder from drive to another (externals) fails with the error " OSS Status error - 128"
    What happened?
    V 4.3.912 running Mojave

Hi LeChiffre,

Thank you for your feedback. We've spent some time testing this and we are able to successfully copy large folders between external drives (e.g. 100k+ images, 100+ GB).

I've looked up that error code and Apple documentation indicates it relates to user cancellation (see table B-2, "Mac OS errors"):

https://developer.apple.com/library/...ror_codes.html

When you get that error, the Error Report dialog indicates which image(s) the error applies to (need to click the disclosure triangle beside the error message to see the details).

Is there anything unique about the applicable images? For example, unique image properties, or special permissions or OS-level flags set?
    If you try to copy just those items in ACDSee, does the same error occur? If so, is Finder able to copy just those items?

Best regards,
    David
    Last edited by david@acd; 10-04-2018, 06:05 PM.

Comment

Thank you for the reply. I was able to replicate the error only once, since then the copy of large folders seems to be working so I wasn't able to pinpoint the errant image(s). But I'll keep your suggestion handy, thank you.

Comment

Hi LeChiffre,

Thank you for getting back to me. I'm glad to hear you were able to copy large folders on subsequent tries.

Best regards,
        David

Comment

Working...
        X