Time stamp still limited to 1900

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time stamp still limited to 1900

After all these years of development the time stamp is still being limited to the year 1900. Many of us have pictures going back to the 1700's. I sure hope V5 has this FIXED. It's an important feature, a minor effort and why is it not on top of the list?

Batch change time stamp:

Select multiple images

Batch - Adjust Time Stamp
    Time stamp to change - File creation
    New Time Stamp - Use Different date and Time
    Select Date and Time- Use specific data and Time

Result: Date is limited to year 1900 and later
    Last edited by Dan8; 12-11-2018, 10:55 PM.

Comment

V5 does not fix the batch time stamp issue. There must be an explanation.

Comment

Warning:

Importing an image with a date of say 1865, gets changed to 1900 on importing so all the calendar work is lost.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan8 View Post
          V5 There must be an explanation.
          I suspect that it's very simple - that this:

Many of us have pictures going back to the 1700's
          is considered to be an overstatement of the demand for such a change.

I don't doubt that there are a tiny handful of ACDSee users with images going back that far - but "many"?

I would share ADCSee's doubt that this is a worthwhile thing to expend limited resources addressing, when there will always far more ubiquitous and wide-ranging issues to put right.

That's just how it is, sometimes...

Comment

Originally posted by KeithReeder View Post

I suspect that it's very simple - that this:

is considered to be an overstatement of the demand for such a change.

I don't doubt that there are a tiny handful of ACDSee users with images going back that far - but "many"?

I would share ADCSee's doubt that this is a worthwhile thing to expend limited resources addressing, when there will always far more ubiquitous and wide-ranging issues to put right.

That's just how it is, sometimes...
            Well you may be right about pictures dating back that early but some of us do have many especially when doing ancestry work and it's important. Be that as it is, this is the only DAM/Organizer/editor that has that limitation that I'm aware of. Unfortunate.

Comment

Working...
            X