Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ow to jump from folder panel to picture panel?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ow to jump from folder panel to picture panel?

Hi - if I use the keyboard to navigate through my directory of images - there are keyboard shrotcuts to go to the enclosing folder etc - but having navigated to a folder of pictures I now want to cursor through - how do I jump to the thumbnails pane so that I can use cursor keys to move through the thumnails?

I would expect tab to do this - and in fact if I click with my mouse in the thumbnails pane - shift-tab will jump me back to the directory panel, but tab just lets me edit the folder name (which is not an ideal default to be honest). Is there some hidden keystroke I am missing? Efficient navigation is something I like about acdsee.

That is a very interesting question. I have to admit that I never thought about navigating between the folders and thumbnail panels in the Manage Mode using only a keyboard, but I played around this morning trying to find a way. After about 30 minutes of trying I came to the conclusion that there is no native way to do this, but that there is a work-around.

You can switch between modes (Manage <-> View, Manage <-> Develop, View <-> Develop) using the keyboard shortcuts for each mode and if you switch from the Manage Mode to the View or Develop Modes, the app will select an image for that mode. My experience in doing this indicates that it is the first thumbnail image that will be selected. If you then switch back to the Manage Mode it will retain that selection and you will be able to navigate through the images in Manage Mode.

As I said, it is more of a work-around than a solution, and I would change the default keyboard shortcuts if I wished to do this, but it should work. It did for me.

Comment

Thanks - that does seem to work. I might be nice if someone could add this as a feature request (tab would make the most sense) - but at least there is something.

Comment

Originally posted by macta View Post
        Thanks - that does seem to work. I might be nice if someone could add this as a feature request (tab would make the most sense) - but at least there is something.
        Perhaps you might want to post this request in the Feature Requests part of this forum. I do not know if the developers read it, but it might help to get it incorporated into a future release.

Comment

Working...
        X