Image Resizing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Image Resizing

I have been a long time user of ACDSee Windows products and have recently switched to the Mac OS.

The one feature I have relied on for years is image resizing, but the Mac version does not seem to support this basic, yet essential step in my workflow.

Am I missing something here?

> Am I missing something here?

If I understand your question properly, then yes. I think you are missing something.

I assume what you want to do is resize your image, either make it smaller or larger, when you process it to its final form. For me, that would be writing the image out as either a tiff or jpg depending on what I wanted to do with the adjusted image. Tiff for further pixel editing, jpg for viewing. I do this using the Batch processing functionality. That is, I select the images I want to process after adjustment, create a batch process to change them to the form I want and then run it. And one of the things I can do in that batch process is resize the image. The resizing dialog box offers you 3 choices as to how to do the resizing - percentage, pixel or print size.

If you are thinking about something else, then I apologize for the unnecessary information.
    Last edited by miksons; 12-22-2017, 04:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by miksons View Post
      > Am I missing something here?

If I understand your question properly, then yes. I think you are missing something.

I assume what you want to do is resize your image, either make it smaller or larger, when you process it to its final form. For me, that would be writing the image out as either a tiff or jpg depending on what I wanted to do with the adjusted image. Tiff for further pixel editing, jpg for viewing. I do this using the Batch processing functionality. That is, I select the images I want to process after adjustment, create a batch process to change them to the form I want and then run it. And one of the things I can do in that batch process is resize the image. The resizing dialog box offers you 3 choices as to how to do the resizing - percentage, pixel or print size.

If you are thinking about something else, then I apologize for the unnecessary information.
      I was referring to individually resizing an image, not batch processing. How is this done?

The Windows version allows this, but I do not see how to do this in the Mac version?

Comment

Hi Abarkow,

Further to what mikson has suggested, you can also resize an individual image with that same resize feature under the batch operations:

- Select just one image in the manage mode
        - Click Batch | Resize
        - Choose the resize options
        - Click Run Batch

Hope this helps.

In the Windows version, there is also resize feature under the edit mode, this is unfortunately not available in this Mac version. However this batch resize feature should let you resize the individual image.

James - Customer Care Team

Comment

Yes. You do not have to select multiple images to use batch processing. I do it all the time for single images. In fact I generally save a batch file definition and then just select it and use it to do what I want.

Comment

Working...
          X