Using ACDSee Photo Studio 4 for Mac as a DAM

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using ACDSee Photo Studio 4 for Mac as a DAM

Since moving from Windows to Mac a few months ago I have experimented with several applications as a digital asset manager. Despite missing features and bugs with keywording, I have settled on ACDSee Photo Studio 4 for Mac. The reason is speed.

By typing keywords, parts of file names, camera or lens info, I can do a search of thousands of image files and have thumbnails for the desired photos on my screen within a couple of seconds. For developing/editing images, I can right-click on an image (or a group of images) and open in third-party editors. This hasn't made my workflow more efficient, but I can find needed images quickly. Hopefully, the workflow efficiency will improve with additional bug fixes (and new features -- we don't know what -- promised for version 5 in November 2018).

Bob

Waiting another year for an update to make the app usable is terrible.
    I was one of the first to jump on this app when V1 first came out I think it was 5-6 years ago. Paid $170 bucks for it. It was on the Apple Store shelves touted to be the best thing since sliced bread until a few months later when it was realized it was a total dud. Apple removed it quickly. Then came V2 and V3 promised to be better than sliced bread and again a few months later it was even a bigger dud. Then came V4 as a new write and at least the basic functioning was fixed but limited capability.
    So here we are about 6 years later and have to wait another year for something usable.
    Sheesh folks. How much of this can we stand?
    Last edited by LeChiffre; 03-29-2018, 07:06 PM.

Comment

Working...
    X