Where is the update to build 4.2.744

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where is the update to build 4.2.744

Got a note that a new build is available. Instructions say go to Help>Check for update>Download.
    No such animal under Help
    Here is what's under Help
    So where is the update?
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2018-04-11 at 4.33.56 AM.png
Views:	1
Size:	60.8 KB
ID:	46250

After hunting around, you have to go to the Product Support page to get the update.

Sheesh folks. Please get it right.

Also 'Check for Updates' always comes back with the current version saying you have the latest even if there is an update.

More frustration with this app. How can you honestly ask people to purchase it?

Last edited by LeChiffre; 04-11-2018, 04:38 AM.

Comment

Not only does the app not show that a newer version is available, when I went and got the version from the app page and installed it I found that they had not addressed a 1:1 viewing bug that I reported perhaps 6 months ago and that the support guy said he replicated. I was told it would be fixed, but it has not been.

I like this software but I am about to give up on it and return to Dxo PhotoLab.

Comment

Hello,

Regarding the location of the update in the application. I do apologize, the update email reads to check for updates under the "Help" menu but check for updates is located in-app under the "ACDSee Photo Studio" menu. I've reviewed this with the email content creators and the testing team. This shouldn't happen again.

If needed, you can find the update here and read the release notes:
        Product support for ACDSee Photo Studio for Mac 4.

Comment

Hello miksons,

I am sorry the 1:1 viewing bug didn't get fixed in the update. Unfortunately that issue turned out to be tricky for an update. Development did investigate and based on their feedback it was suggested to be pushed to version 5.0. We need more time to implement a proper fix and allow testing time to ensure the fix is correct and didn't break other zooming functionality.

The issue is slated for version 5. Scheduled to be released in late 2018.

Once again, I am sorry about that.

Regards,
          Mark

Comment

Originally posted by mcosgrove View Post
            Hello,

Regarding the location of the update in the application. I do apologize, the update email reads to check for updates under the "Help" menu but check for updates is located in-app under the "ACDSee Photo Studio" menu. I've reviewed this with the email content creators and the testing team. This shouldn't happen again.

If needed, you can find the update here and read the release notes:
            Part of the problem is not that the location of the update check is not where the email said it would be. I knew where it was as I had checked for updates before. The real problem, at least for me, is that the update check always say that the app is up to date, even when there is an update available. That is what happened to me. I saw the email, checked for an update and was told there was no update. my software was current, even though it was not.

The update check is of little use if it always says the software is current.

Comment

Originally posted by mcosgrove View Post
              Hello miksons,

I am sorry the 1:1 viewing bug didn't get fixed in the update. Unfortunately that issue turned out to be tricky for an update. Development did investigate and based on their feedback it was suggested to be pushed to version 5.0. We need more time to implement a proper fix and allow testing time to ensure the fix is correct and didn't break other zooming functionality.

The issue is slated for version 5. Scheduled to be released in late 2018.

Once again, I am sorry about that.
              Thank you for letting me know. The problem does not seem as severe if I know what is going on and that it will be fixed. I know you people are busy, but some feedback might be a big help.

Comment

Working...
              X