Deactivate/Uninstall

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deactivate/Uninstall

I replaced my old Mac Mini with a new MacBook Pro and wanted to install PhotoStudio on my new machine. When I tried I was told that I had exceeded the number of copies that I could have active and needed to deactivate one of my old copies. I went to my account, but I see no way to deactivate the software and the instructions on the Help page refer to deactivating a subscription, so they do not apply.

I submitted a ticket to customer support and was told to uninstall my old copy from my Mac Mini, but when I restarted the Mini there is no Uninstall command, no Uninstall link in the software and no Uninstall app. Of course I can copy it to the Trash but I do not see how that would notify ACDSee that the item has been removed. Can anyone tell me how to either uninstall the software so that my use count decreases or to deactivate the software?

Hi miksons,

For Mac version, you can just remove the installation from the application folder. If for some reason you cannot remove that application, we can retire the old license code and issue you a new replacement code for installing on a new computer. I will send more detailed information about your user account and licensing information in my reply to your support ticket.

Regards.
    James
    ACD Customer Care Team

Comment

Working...
    X