Files compatible with Win/Mac?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Files compatible with Win/Mac?

This may have been asked before. Can the files worked on in the Mac version be compatible with the Win versions?

Hi Dan8,

The image files are compatible on both Mac and Windows.

Comment

Thanks; Does that include all the organizational information?

Comment

Could you please explain what you are trying to do here?

Comment

Thanks for the reply. Simple. I have images organized on the Mac. I want to give the same images to a person that only has Windows. If that person has ACDSee for Windows, will they be able to have all the images organized the same way and begin to work on them the same way I do on the Mac.

Comment

Yes you should be able to sort the images the same. There are more ways available to sort images on the Window's version compared to the Mac version of the software at the moment. It could change with the new release of ACDSee Photo Studio for Mac which I understand will be released soon.

Comment

Thanks again. Maybe I'm not understanding. What I was wondering is will the photos be organized in the same folders and subfolders as in the Mac version.

Comment

You set up the folders and subfolders yourself on both the Windows or Mac computers before using the ACDSee software. ACDSee software will not change these folders.

Comment

Maybe the question is how to maintain/sync metadata (tags, rating etc) between macOS and Windows?

Comment

Yes yes yes, that's a better question

Comment

Working...
                    X