V5 is now downloadable

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V5 is now downloadable

V5 is here and downloadable but where is our license for those of us that have prepaid? No email, no nothing.
    Anyway those of us that prepaid can get the license if you log in to your account.
    If you've already downloaded the app then got your license from your account and pasted it in, it doesn't work. Sheesh.
    Be sure you download from your account.
    Last edited by Dan8; 12-13-2018, 08:09 PM.

I would be interested in hearing people's experience with 5. I have 4 but have not downloaded 5 so I do not know if it is more functional than 4.

Comment

After just an hour of use. There seems to be no difference. Maps are added but that's about it. The repair tool is still missing and the time stamp is still stuck at year 1900. I would have thought that the latter are much more important than having maps. This is going to take years folks; it already has. Time to move on perhaps.

Comment

Hello Dan8,

The email to customers who prepaid went out last night. Did you receive it? If not, maybe you've opted out of receiving emails from ACD. In any case, if you haven't received the email please contact Customer Care by email or phone:

https://www.acdsystems.com/en/about/contact-support

Regards,
        Mark

Comment

Hello,

I think you'll find more features than only the Map. For full list of new features, bug fixes, improvements please refer to the release notes (link below).

Regarding your concerns with:

Time stamp and the year 1900 - development did investigate the issue but unfortunately, it’s not a simple problem to solve. A fix was made but it introduced other problems and needed to be reverted. Will take another look during ACDSee Mac 5 update 1 development. But I cannot guarantee this issue will get resolved. I am sorry!

Repair Tool - Development Mode needs to rewritten (as we did with Manage and View Mode). During ACDSee Mac 5 development we had two developers overhauling Development Mode for ACDSee Mac 6. It is a big job. The focus for ACDSee Mac 6 is Development Mode. This includes better performance and new features.

Regards,
          Mark

Release Notes:
          https://www.acdsee.com/en/support/ph...ease-notes/5-0

Comment

Originally posted by mcosgrove View Post
            Hello,
            The focus for ACDSee Mac 6 is Development Mode. This includes better performance and new features.
            Is there any chance that the Mac developers will start an effort to make the Mac version equivalent to the PC version?

When I switched from the PC to the Mac many years ago I bought Photo Studio3 (I think) for the Mac and was astonished to see how little of the PC functionality existed in the Mac version. I have been waiting all of these years for the Mac version to begin to approximate the PC version in terms of functionality. Will we ever see that?

Comment

Hello miksons,

That effort started with ACDSee Mac 4. In version 4 the main focus was to address the fundamental architecture problems found in version 3/2/1.

As previously mentioned: During ACDSee Mac 5 development we had two developers overhauling Development Mode for ACDSee Mac 6. It is a big job. The focus for ACDSee Mac 6 is Development Mode.

ACD Systems is committed to moving forward the ACDSee Mac product line. Our plan is to first to achieve parity with the ACDSee Pro Windows product and next ACDSee Ultimate Windows.

Regards,
              Mark

Comment

Agree with the time stamp year 1900 problem. I don't know of a single DAM/Organizer/Editor app that has a problem with that. grumble

Comment

Originally posted by mcosgrove View Post
                  Our plan is to first to achieve parity with the ACDSee Pro Windows product and next ACDSee Ultimate Windows.
                  Good to know, and something to look forward to. Thank you for your response.

Comment

Originally posted by miksons View Post

Good to know, and something to look forward to. Thank you for your response.
                    Good to see there is a logical plan but it's going to be a long winter before we see something really usable. I've been here since Version 1.0 some 8 years ago and have agonized at the slow pace and false starts. I'm a strong believer in the program and after a stint with the Windows version, I now do my serious work on the updated Photos for Mac even with its quirks. Anything Photos doesn't have, I use professional plug ins that are seamless and silky smooth with Photos.
                    Hope ACD keeps up the effort.
                    What I wonder though is how can ACD keep selling a product that is just half finished.
                    Last edited by LeChiffre; 12-16-2018, 07:47 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X