Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ultimate 8 - Develop Mode settings not being saved.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ultimate 8 - Develop Mode settings not being saved.

Hello, I am having problems in the Develop Mode of Ultimate 8, after making athe adjustments and go to either Manage Mode or try to save them as a jpeg, png or any other format, the files just go very dark green as previews or white blanks.
    I am a bit disappointed with Ultimate 8 too, as it is very slow compared to Pro8 and often I get the message whilst trying to make adjustments that it is 'not responding' ...thus slowing up my workload.
    I really would appreciate any assistance, as at the moment I cant do any editing work.

Cheers,

Phil T.
    Last edited by Phil Thomson IPA; 07-26-2015, 02:40 AM.

Hi Phil - In the situation you describe, your first action should be to contact ACD Technical support at this link:
    https://acdsystems.desk.com/customer/portal/emails/new

As another user, the first thing that comes to my mind as a possible causes of your issues would be that your software installations have somehow become corrupted. I would uninstall and reinstall all your ACD products. If you embed all your metadata, I would also delete your databases and recreate them using:
    Tools > Database > Catalog.

The dark green preview color that you describe sounds a lot like undeveloped Raw. The blank white previews sounds like it could be the default background color for Png and Jpegs that is generated by the standard image plugin IDE_ACDstd.apl.

Regardless of the cause, IMHO your first step should be to cleanup your system and reinstall all your ACDSee software.

Comment

Hi Bill,
      Thanks for all that advice and help. I have already emailed the techs last night and am awaiting an answer, and I will do what you suggested. I have someone coming, hopefully today to rpair the Windows problem and have clean up, so that I can uninstall & reinstall the ACD. At present, it wont let me do that, as I had already tried.

Cheers,

Phil T.

Comment

Have you tried to update the driver of your graphics card? I read about problems caused by the driver of the graphics card all the time, since programs use it for some operations.

Comment

Hi SCX,
          thanks for that suggestion. In answer to it, no I hadn't thought of that. I did however resolve the problem by uninstalling Windows7 and reinstalling it and that did fix the problem. At the same time did a cleanup of the C Drive, and now Ultimate 8 is running a lot faster.

Cheers,

Phil T.

Comment

Working...
          X