Space wasted

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Space wasted

In the 'properties - organize' pane of U9 the keyword list isn't extended to the bottom of the tab. Instead lots of space is left empty. Imho the closed 'collections' group should be shown right above the tab name 'Organize' to display as much of the keywords list as possible.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	51.1 KB
ID:	32725

Eyes wide shut? This one still exists in the latest build:

Name:	Screenshot.jpg
Size:	82.1 KB
ID:	36219

Oops, strings are truncated and scrollbar is missing.

BTW. Rating symbols are hand made.

Comment

Yeah, I also agree with you, a lot of space wasted. I like to have both Categories and Keywords at reach without needing to constantly click the [+] signs to expand. Although I plan to use Collections in recent future, I'd like if it could be moved somewhere else!

Comment

Originally posted by mcosgrove View Post
        ... Version 10 is a highly customizable and space-conscious GUI.

Name:	Capture.jpg
Size:	35.2 KB
ID:	38108

No further comment.
        Last edited by Emil; 09-15-2016, 12:24 PM. Reason: Quote added

Comment

This surely is extremely annoying and makes me stick with Acdsee Pro 8 because I work with lots of keywords.

Just checked the latest Pro10 update, and the problem is still there.

I filed multiple support cases with AcdSee over the last two years, and I cannot understand why such a simple fix is not done (make the keywords section use the full available height once collections and categories are not expanded).

Hey ACDSee developers - if you read this post:

"As a user of keywords, I want an expanded section in the Properties/Organize pane (like "Keywords") to occupy all the available vertical space not used by the other (non-expanded) sections because I want to see as many keyword rows in the scrollable area as possible". It's simply ridiculous to block free vertical space for currently collapsed sections.

Comment

Working...
          X