Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ultimate 10 high CPU Usage in Develop Mode

High everyone

I have been using ACDsee Ultimate for a while. I started with version 9, but now I am using the latest version 10. Since I upgraded to version 10, I have been noticing that whenever I start working in Develop mode the CPU fan speeds up and CPU usage jumps way up, even to above 90% for short spurts. If I sit in Develop and do nothing. it comes back down, but while I cropping and applying Tune presets, CPU usage jumps Back up again. Originally, I would stay in develop while processing RAW images, but Ultimate kept freezing on me and I would have to stop the ultimate task and restart. More recently, I am using the "Done" button after each RAW image has been developed, and back in Manage mode I chose the next RAW image and then the Develop tab. This has stopped the freezing up, but not the high CPU usage.

I am running on a Windows 10, 64 bit machine. I'm wondering if anyone else has been experiencing this. I did have a ticket in for the freezing up, and ran through a bunch of support suggestions, none of which helped, but after changing my workflow to not stay in Develop the freezing has stopped and I forgot about the ticket.

I believe this the the Windows event data for the freezing problem:
    ACDSeePicaView.exe
    55e11208
    ACDSeePicaView.exe
    55e11208
    c0000005
    0000000000037aca
    2e84
    01d250151cd97dd8
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\ACD Systems\PicaView\ACDSeePicaView.exe
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\ACD Systems\PicaView\ACDSeePicaView.exe
    702761c5-6a57-454c-ae2a-9d58de468eb5

Originally posted by dadepfan View Post
    I'm wondering if anyone else has been experiencing this.
    There are some reports of Dehaze causing problems (see this post). It's probably best to report the problem direct to ACDSee support here. Include your machine's specifications: CPU, RAM, video card if it is not part of the motherboard.

Comment

Working...
    X