Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transition from ACdSee 12 to Ultimate 10-loss of metadata

Hi all!

I recently decided to move my photo archive from my old PC to a new one and decided to try the ASDSee Ultimate 10.

I had the ACDSee Photo Manager 12 in my old one with about 10K of tagged photos. I copied my database to the new one and optimised it, but I realised that in my new PC many photos had wrong dates. Furthermore the metadata categories that I had made in PM12 were there as categories, but none of my photos had actually not even a single tag saved.

I then tried a new path. In my old PC I embeded the metadata to some photos and then copied these photos to my new PC. In this case I had succeeded to have the Ratings saved and ok, but again all the tags were missing from my photos..

Has anyone experienced sthing like this?

If I dont find a solution, I afraid that I'll have to retag all the photos from the beggining and this will take me a looong time.. I really hoped that I could have a smooth transition from an ACDSee version to another. Otherwise, I would have switched to Lightworks and Photoshop..

Thanks in advance for any proposal!
    Last edited by voichek; 01-26-2017, 01:12 PM.

Perhaps try doing the database upgrade/conversion on the old PC - I've no idea if this would work though.

Comment

I don't know if it is possible to still download a trial version of an intermediate version of ACDSee. If so, that would be my first avenue to try

Niels

Comment

Originally posted by njlarsen View Post
        I don't know if it is possible to still download a trial version of an intermediate version of ACDSee. If so, that would be my first avenue to try

Niels
        Hmm.. that might be an idea, thanx; I'll try sthing like acdsee 15 or 17 and see if this works..

but in any case this is sthing that shouldnt be expected from a product of the same brand, right?

The v12 was 6 years before, ok, but I can still open without any problem a doc I've written 15 years before with the last version of Word.. I dont expect the other way around to work, but at least the older versions should be able to be compatible with the newest versions..

Comment

Working...
        X