Latest Update

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Latest Update

I installed the latest update this afternoon - a heads up that you might not want to.

I have acdc files that won't save 'can't write output' and one .dng that went weird in develop mode I exited without saving and the file is now corrupted (I have a backup)

It also seems to have become a CPU hog on saving files of any type.

Comment

Hi, regarding the "can't write output" error, does it happen to all your acdc files? Was this error triggered in Edit mode or was it triggered by any saving operation in all modes? Was the saving destination read-only or some kind of network folder? If you can provide a link to download a sample acdc file that can reproduce the problem, I can also try it on my machine.

Regarding the DNG issue, which camera generated it? or was it converted from an Adobe DNG converter (which version)? Which camera was the original raw from? If you duplicate some working DNG files and load them in Develop mode, is the corruption reproducible? Do you recall what adjustments you did in Develop mode? Thanks.

Comment

The acdc issue seems to have vanished after a system restart. - They were being saved via edit to a local hard drive.

The DNG file was a pentax K-S2 and it has only happened once when straightening.

Originally posted by Ben_H View Post
        Hi, regarding the "can't write output" error, does it happen to all your acdc files? Was this error triggered in Edit mode or was it triggered by any saving operation in all modes? Was the saving destination read-only or some kind of network folder? If you can provide a link to download a sample acdc file that can reproduce the problem, I can also try it on my machine.

Regarding the DNG issue, which camera generated it? or was it converted from an Adobe DNG converter (which version)? Which camera was the original raw from? If you duplicate some working DNG files and load them in Develop mode, is the corruption reproducible? Do you recall what adjustments you did in Develop mode? Thanks.

Comment

Anyone else noticing this CPU hunger and lag to go with it - only since the latest update

Comment

Uploaded a short video of me doing some eye work to youtube to show how much lag I am seeing in edit mode since the latest update.

Anyone know if there is a way to rollback to the earlier build?

A job like this would normally take me half the time in the video.

Comment

After a few hours of use, I have not noticed lag issues with this release. Let's see what the next week brings.

Comment

Thanks for replying Gus perhaps it is system specific or some sort of conflict with something else I am running :-/

Originally posted by GusPanella View Post
                After a few hours of use, I have not noticed lag issues with this release. Let's see what the next week brings.

Comment

So far no lag.. but... I have seen the mangled menu issue reveal itself a couple times. (Mangled menus seem to be corrected by shutting down ACDSee, changing the screen magnification in Win10, changing screen magnification back to original, then start Ult10 again)

Comment

I'm still getting it but mainly on saving images. Basically it's eating up my CPU (intel I5 2.6GHz) all four cores!

Comment

4 cores @100% to save an image seems high... unless the file size is a few 100MB. I am starting to lag in start up times. Over 25 seconds to start up Ult10.... But, it is only sometimes. Never saw had issue before. Interestingly, Only happens if acdID itouch background is already started.

Comment

I don't even know what acdID itouch is?

Comment

I only know, that it is the first thing I shut down with every version of ACDSee. I rename the exe in the program folder. Never had much problems with ACDSee. But I don't use internet features of ACDSee, maybe it is needed for that.

Comment

SCX, Thanks for that reminder.

​In the past I disabled Win10 startup of acdID intouch. This kept the program from loading during boot. In the latest release, every time you invoke ACDSee, acdID intouch starts. I renamed the file. Closed acdID intouch in the task manager. Restarted Ult10. Viola.... back to quick load times. Yippie!!!

File location
                            C:\Program Files\ACD Systems\ACDSee Ultimate\10.0\
                            Original filename: acdIDInTouch2.exe
                            Renamed file: acdIDInTouch2.exe_SKIP

​I,too, am not sure what this does other than allows Ult10 to boot in around 5 seconds instead of over 25 seconds.

Comment

I wonder if it something to do with the 360 subscription service I use - as I don't get a product key the acdseeID is used to verify my subscription. I wonder if I went back to perpetual licensing if the lag would vanish.

Though I am begining to suspect my file size might have something to do with it - if from develop I create a jpeg and work on that in Edit rather than taking the RAW straight from develop to edit I don't see quite as much lag due I suspect to the much smaller size of a jpeg in comparison to a RAW file.

Comment

Working...
                              X