Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enhancing Eyes In Edit Mode - Video Demo Of My Technique

Hi All

I actually made this video to show how much lag I have been having since the update but I have seen a few comments on other threads that people wish there were more users sharing their techniques - I do not claim to be an ACDsee star but thought others might find my technique for enhancing eyes - removing veins, brightening the whites and enhancing the Iris interesting - no commentary I am afraid as a tutorial/demo wasn't really why I made it.

My technique is the result of trial and error - I think my use of noise reduction to finish the whites might surprise some - would love it if other posted videos of their techniques too.

Great first start, but I personally would love to see some commentary added to the video. Why did you select noise control for this what some of the lower level choices meant and how they wold be different.

Comment

Hi Glen

I made the video to demonstrate lag I was having rather than as tutorial then I thought actually some people might like to see it.

I do a lot of portraiture work and when one has a subject with bloodshot eyes enhancing the whites and removing the blood shot is quite difficult in ACDsee this technique has been arrived at by trial and error really.

I know a lot of P/Shop users just paint the whites but you loose the texture of the eyeball and flatten it doing that even in p/shop

I have experimented with cloning out the bloodshot which works in p/shop but not so well in acdsee unless it's a single vein.

So basically,

1. Issolate the whites - magic brush works well for this or use the lasoo if you prefer - save the selection for quick reload.
      2. apply a adjustment layer - light IQ to the selection and brighten them.
      3. Return to base layer apply selection again and an colour eq adjustment layer - mess around with the saturation on the reds and sometimes purples to remove the red tint 'brightening those colors also tends to make them less obvious and more grey.
      4. finally select the whites again and apply a noise reduction layer and ACDsee simply sees the now greyed veins as 'noise' and blends them without loss of texture with the rest of the eye white.

The noise reduction tool in acdsee I have found to be very useful for many things other than noise reduction

I may do it again with commentary.

Comment

Hi Glen

I had a free half hour this afternoon so I did a quick video on eye whites and as I had the video image open I did another quick one on Iris enhancement - feel a bit hypocritical though as I am giving serious consideration to abandoning ACDsee edit mode in favour of an alternative.

Comment

The Iris video link

Comment

Originally posted by johnjbloomfield View Post
            Hi Glen

I had a free half hour this afternoon so I did a quick video on eye whites and as I had the video image open I did another quick one on Iris enhancement - feel a bit hypocritical though as I am giving serious consideration to abandoning ACDsee edit mode in favour of an alternative.

You did a good job!.Thanks!

Comment

Working...
            X