Edit Mode - Lag When Using Tools

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Edit Mode - Lag When Using Tools

I'm currently running Ultimate 10 v10.3 (Build 894) and while in edit mode I'm experiencing a lot of lag whenever I try to use the brush, selection tools, eraser, gradient tool, etc. When I click on the image to begin to use the tool, the program pauses and then dragging cursor is extremely laggy. Once I let go of the mouse button I'm able to move the cursor at the normal speed. Develop mode works fine and this issue appears to be isolated to edit mode. I'm running Windows 7 Professional (64-Bit), i5-5300 CPU, 8gb ram, and Intel HD Graphics 5500. I know the on-board graphics could be a limiting factor, but I don't have this issue in develop mode nor in Affinity Photo. Any ideas as to what could be causing this or possible solutions?

Having had the lag/sluggish problem on a similar system to yours (with an i7 processor), I also suspect the on-board graphics as the problem, or Windows 7 (read on).

I installed an AMD Radeon RX 460 based video card, and I no-longer have the lag problem. My Windows 10 laptop, with on-board video, doesn't have the lag problem. So, it appears that the problem is mostly showing up on machines running Windows 7 with on-board video. You might find that you do see the lag problem in Develop Mode if you use the Dehaze tool.
    Last edited by Robert Linsdell; 02-26-2017, 07:17 PM.

Comment

I am having the same but only since this update - my thread http://forum.acdsee.com/forum/main-c...-latest-update

Comment

That's what I figured Robert, thanks for confirming my suspicions.

And I've also noticed that it's become more resource intensive since the update. When moving from view to develop on some larger raw files it can take up to 30 seconds to load, and other times the program just crashes. Previously the transition was almost instantaneous. I'm hoping that by the next update these issues get sorted out.

Comment

Snap - anything larger than 30mb I see it from develop to edit too
          Originally posted by bmcnich View Post
          And I've also noticed that it's become more resource intensive since the update. When moving from view to develop on some larger raw files it can take up to 30 seconds to load, and other times the program just crashes. Previously the transition was almost instantaneous. I'm hoping that by the next update these issues get sorted out.

Comment

A couple tests for Version 3 (Build 894)
            All files on the local disk (albeit a fairly fast SSD)

View > Develop
            13.5M NEF: 2.5 seconds
            40.9MB NEF: 3 seconds

​31.5M TIFF: 3 seconds
            450MB TIFF: 4 seconds
            ​1.7G TIFF: 23 seconds

​Same files; Develop to Edit: Really quick.... except for that 1.7G file which took about 5 seconds.

Comment

Unable to save jpg images processed in Dehaze mode (Ultimate 10.3 (version 894)). It works well only if the image is previously reduced to less than 3Mpixels.
              Does anyone have the same experience ? is it known from ACDSee support ?
              NB I'am a French toad that uses GoogleTranslation tool ...

My PC :Samsung AtivBook - IntelCore i5-3230M - CPU 2.6GHz - RAM 4 Go - 64 bits
              Error message: insufficient memory available (!)

Comment

I have a dell latitude with an onboard graphics card. I have been told on board graphics cards can not be upgraded. Can someone confirm or dispute?

Comment

Originally posted by Peggy View Post
                  I have a dell latitude with an onboard graphics card. I have been told on board graphics cards can not be upgraded. Can someone confirm or dispute?
                  The onboard graphics card itself probably can't be upgraded but the motherboard will almost certainly have expansion slots that you could fit an external graphics card into. You would need to check what type of slots are available and then find a compatible graphics card.

Dell Latitude is a fairly generic name that's been around for a while so it's not possible to tell just from that.

Comment

Working...
                  X