Window Pulls for interior photography

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Window Pulls for interior photography

Hello all. When shooting interior photography (real estate), I am starting to use off camera lighting to minimize post processing. I am in the trial version of ACDSee Ultimate. I am looking for guidance on approach to obtaining a correct window pull (I have a lot of ocean views that need to be seen in photos). Prior to ACDSee I used Lightroom with the Enfuse plugin. How can I use ACDSee to acheive a properly exposed interior with properly exposed views? I looked for tutorials but found none. Thanks for any of you with architectural or interiors experience!

I have not used Enfuse with LR, so I can't speak on how to use that specific addin. However, from what I understand, Enfuse is tool that is used to combine multiple images with different exposures into a single image with a greater dynamic range.

​All though there are many tools that can work as a helper app with ACDSee, the two tools that I use are Affinity Photo and NIK HDREfex2. As NIK HDR Efex2 is now free, I would recommend trying that first.

​I setup HDREfex as an "External Editor". The process of setting up external editors is detailed in the ACDSee help file. I then select the multiple images I would like to combine using ACDSee Manage.
    Then... Tools > External Editors > HDR Efex2 to launch HDREfex.

​I work for a while in the HDREFex2 tool... before leaving the tool, I do a File>Save As.

​It may be possible to use LR/Enfuse in a similar fashion.... but I do not know much about that tool.

Comment

ACDSee can't do any sort of image stacking at this point, at least I don't know how to go about it with ACDSee. HDR efex is free as a part of the NIK tool set, however I prefer Photomatix pro 5.1, and am growing quite fond of Affinity Photo, a bit mapped editor that also does Raw development. While Affinity Photo doesn't do RAW nearly as well as ACDSee (It's just awful, as a matter of fact) It does do HDR, focus stacking, generic stacking, and panorama stitching pretty easily.

Even if you use Affinity for nothing but the stacking, HDR, and stitching functionality, at roughly $40 (USD) per 2 computer license, it is cheaper than buying 3 separate HDR, stacking, and panorama software titles (which may or may not allow installation beyond 1 computer). It will always be more convenient to do your layering edits in ACDSee ultimate, but for those things that ACDSee can't do, Affinity is a pretty good deal.

Comment

I am too finding Affinity photo the perfect complement to ACDsee and would use focus stacking in there.

Comment

Working...
        X