Warp plug-in?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warp plug-in?

In Ultimate 9 you can make various perspective changes and also perform lens distotion correction. I know how to use those tools but they have their limitations,
    e.g. it's not possible to "warp" part of an image.
    Is there any type of plug-in that can be used in the ACDSee environment that provides something like the functionality of "perspective warp" or "puppet warp" or similar from Photoshop?

There are many implementations, here's some videos of perspective warp & warp & puppet warp tools at work:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2Jut0semFI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_pkpBEVYZE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIYxyQ2s64c
    Last edited by Trevor; 03-18-2017, 05:34 AM.

I've read a few other posts recently that mentioned Affinity Photo can be used in conjunction with ACDSee to fill in some of the missing features.
    Anyone know what the feature is called in Affinity ( or have other hints) that would do something similar to what I mentioned in my post above?
    Last edited by Trevor; 03-26-2017, 02:16 PM.

Comment

Affinity Filter > Distort > Deform is like PS puppet warp
      Affinity Filter > Distort > Perspective is like PS Perspective warp
      ​Affinity Liquefy mode is also interesting

Comment

Originally posted by Trevor View Post
        I've read a few other posts recently that mentioned Affinity Photo can be used in conjunction with ACDSee to fill in some of the missing features.
        Anyone know what the feature is called in Affinity ( or have other hints) that would do somethjing similar to what I mentioned in my post above?
        Affinity calls it Liquify.

There are third party photoshop plugins that do this sort of thing, so long as they are *.8bf plugins, I would also download the free trials to see if they will work with ACDSee Ultimate directly. I should think a plugin hosted by ACDSee ultimate would be much more convenient than exiting out to a completely different application.

Comment

Originally posted by GusPanella View Post
          Affinity Filter > Distort > Deform is like PS puppet warp
          Affinity Filter > Distort > Perspective is like PS Perspective warp
          ​Affinity Liquefy mode is also interesting
          Thanks Gus,
          I have a few days left on my Affinity free trial. I'll test those out when I return from my biz trip

Comment

Originally posted by Glen Barrington View Post

Affinity calls it Liquify.

There are third party photoshop plugins that do this sort of thing, so long as they are *.8bf plugins, I would also download the free trials to see if they will work with ACDSee Ultimate directly. I should think a plugin hosted by ACDSee ultimate would be much more convenient than exiting out to a completely different application.

Thanks Glen. A third party plug in was what I was really looking for for this, probably easier than learning a whole new application, although that Affinity does look like it has lots to offer.

Anyway, any idea what those third party plugs in would be called, or how to search for plugs ins with particular features, there seems to be so many

Comment

Originally posted by Trevor View Post

Thanks Glen. A third party plug in was what I was really looking for for this, probably easier than learning a whole new application, although that Affinity does look like it has lots to offer.

Anyway, any idea what those third party plugs in would be called, or how to search for plugs ins with particular features, there seems to be so many

I could only find Human Software's 'Squizz' but it costs $150 US! (Everyone and their brother used to offer tools like this, I guess too many graphics programs now offer it to make the plugins viable.). I'm shocked, frankly.

Right now, it seems that the cheapest way to go is to buy either Affinity for their liquify tool or PaintShop Pro for their 'warp brush'. (Corel should start to heavily discount PSP 9, just before they put PSP 10 out ) Sorry to have mislead you!

Comment

Working...
              X