ACDSee Ultimate 10 Stability

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ACDSee Ultimate 10 Stability

Hi guys! I am long term user of ACDSee products. My main usage of the software is for photo organizing and catalogues creating .
    My last "workable" version though was ACDSee 9... When I upgraded to Ultimate 10 I experienced problems with it's stability.
    When I download new pictures from the camera and I want to see them in the preview (so I double click to the thubnail on the Manage mode) the program freezes for a while and then shuts down. I already repeated this procedure several times but the outcome was always the same, shutting down of the Ultimate 10 program.
    I also experimented with some reinstallations. ACDSee 10 Pro seems to be stable and does not freeze in my case. I have the feeling that on Ultimate 10 the requirements for editor are so high, that the loading causes the freezing.
    Does anybody have similar troubles ? Could you please help me to fix this issue ?
    My OS is: Windows 10 Pro.

I do have issues with AC Ultimate 10 (all builds) too. Frequently I find "ACDSeeUltimate10.exe" listed in process explorer or process hacker doing nothing and no visible window on the desktop. Only thing to do is kill the app and restart it. I've tried it on several (virtual) machines running W7 and W10. We're still fine with AC u8.

Comment

This is worrisome. I don't think I can abandon light room for ACDSEE until these stability issues are resolved.

Comment

Don't worry, most of my colleagues use LR and in the end don't really know why - it's just because everyone else is using it too ... But if you look closely you'll find that LR isn't any better: crashes, lost DBs and dead slow. AC and LR, both have room for improvement. :-)
        Last edited by Emil; 04-01-2017, 11:05 PM.

Comment

Hi Emil, so I see I am not the only one (unfortunately). The last suggested solution to this issue was to split ACDSee Ultimate 10 to ACDSee Pro 10 + use Photo Editor 10 separately. It makes sense to me, as the photo editing SW must be highly demanding to the computing capacity of the computer. I am still wondering if to switch to this solution as Ultimate 10 solved all in one package... Anyway the Lr is also used separately to Ps, it would make sense from this point of view.

Comment

Works great for me...no crashes. Ultimate 10 with Win 10. Just make sure you have a nice, clean database.

Comment

I just had Ult10 for the 30 day trail and I find that all my versions of ACDSee (since year dot) occasionally falls over but more lately. I think its just such a resource hungry program but a 'fresh' database by letting it create its own catalogue is a good start - takes my system overnight to do it but worth it but not fun when you have to do it every year after the annual 'upgrade'

At the moment I have gone back to Ult9 as I had a worrying problem with Ult10 which ACDSee is still trying to work out with me.

Comment

Well as my Ult10 trail period ended I had to install Pro10 to carry on testing - guess what? That's fallen over a couple of times already.
                Fresh database creation and it fell over creating a new catalogue, with an error that required it to close Re-catalogued again and fingers cross.

Comment

Working...
                X