• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• purpose of VIEW/show/edit header/footer termporary notes

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_1165.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	51.0 KB
ID:	41228 Ultimate 10. In view mode, I pull up an image, and go to VIEW/show header/footer, Edit header/footer. It seems to me that would be a fine way of attaching a note to each image, words that are not included in the image as a text layer would be. However, if I pull up an image, edit the header or footer, that applies that header or footer note to each photo of my 30k photo DB. Yes I understand that I can add EXIF data to each photo, or categories, and these selections do change from photo to photo. However if I add text in the footer box, for example, it adds those words to each photo. So, if I just go to some random folder and pull up an image, and go to VIEW/show header/footer, that same text shows up, frustratingly. So I don't see the purpose of this feature if I can't add a different note to each photo. (again, not through a text layer). In PowerPoint there is a nice little section at the bottom of each "slide" that can include a note for each slide. Why is Ultimate acting so weird, in adding that note to every single photo!!!!
    Save
    Save
    Save
    Last edited by Beaky; 04-01-2017, 11:48 AM. Reason: that should be "temporary", can't figure out how to edit that part.

This is a global display feature of the view tab and not a catalog database feature of a specific photo. In my mind, it is of limited usefulness. I have never heard of anyone who actually uses it.

You can, however use the Notes field in the ACDSee Metadata. If you tell the View tab to display the properties window and then use that window to display the ACDSee metadata. you can see the notes field quite clearly. When empty, the notes field appears to be a single line, however it expands to accommodate whatever size note you have. The link below takes you to a video of an example of what I mean.

Last edited by Glen Barrington; 04-01-2017, 02:24 PM.

Comment

Thank you very much!

Comment

When viewing/browsing through our photos my wife and I like to know who took the photo and with which camera. I configured ACDSee to show just that at the bottom of every photo. The below screen capture shows my View Header/Footer settings. The capture also shows how the text is displayed and my choice of text background color:

Click image for larger version

Name:	View Footer.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	83.3 KB
ID:	41393

If you enter notes as Glen explained in his post, you may be able to use the View Header/View Footer to display the notes as an overlay. I have used View Footer to display the IPTC Description and location/address information.
        Last edited by Robert Linsdell; 04-10-2017, 04:45 AM.

Comment

Good to know Robert! That's the thing about the ACDSee DAM functionality, the depth of the digital asset management tools is so great that there's always something new to learn!

Comment

Working...
          X