'Develop' options corrupted.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'Develop' options corrupted.

The 'General' options in the Develop module of my Ultimate 10 have been corrupted, as in the image attached. The options still work - if I figure out which one is which - but it is more than a nuisance trying to identify each function. The Light EQ and Colour EQ functions are also similarly affected, and are even more awkward to work around. I have tried to reinstall the program but without success. As a result, I have reverted to using Ultimate 9 until this can be sorted out. Any ideas?
    Last edited by res31; 04-04-2017, 07:50 PM.

res31 - You're not alone. I see the same thing from time to time. In my experience, it seems to happen when Ult-10 has been open for a long time. It's clearly a program code corruption problem as you said. When it happens to me, I fix it by either closing and restarting Ult-10. Or, sometimes, I just reboot my system.

If you haven't already done so, you should submit this issue to ACD Tech Support. That will help bring attention to it, and lead to a fix in the future. Here's their link. https://acdsystems.desk.com/customer/portal/emails/new
    Last edited by LV_Bill; 04-05-2017, 10:20 AM.

Comment

I just submitted this same issue again to tech support. I encourage all who have this problem to do the same. Their response suggest they do not know if development is working on the problem .

​In the meantime.... Here are the reset options that I know of... after closing Ult10...
      a) * My least favorite (and the suggest that I find the most frustrating). Reinstall the software.... Better options include
      ​b) Win10 > Rt. Click on desktop > Display Settings > Change size of text in apps slider; Change to a different magnification level.... wait.... change back
      ​c) ACDSee > Manage > View > Reset Layout

​Of the three, I find that "b" works most of the time; "c" works some of the time....
      ​I also find the issue always comes back... the frustrating part is I can't figure out why it comes back!

In my case, this only happens on my laptop with a UHD screen (3840 x 2160 resolution). My other computers with 1920x1080 do not have this problem.

Comment

This may not be the same problem but I wonder if its related - I was using the trail version to processed a large selection of photos and selected about 26 keepers which I developed (with autosave on) with Light EQ, Colour Balance and a couple of crops, rated them and selected them to 'Send' to Flickr - Closed the program (embedding on exit) backed up to my NAS drive with a simple copy.

Next day I opened Ult10 which went back to my last used directory and I looked at the photos and thought strange the colour balance didn't look right and though the Develop Options showed my changes the final output didnt look right and when I checked the copies uploaded to Flickr there was a difference which showed that between uploading to Flickr and closing the program ACDSee didnt register the last few Develop changes and the most obvious was it lost the crop to a photo.

I havent been able to replicate with just a few photos but really didn't have the time to replicate a whole evenings work just to beta test the program for ACDSee. This issued has been raised with tech support but they need to unlock my trail if they want me to try again.

Comment

Did you make sure all the processing was done before trying to upload to Flickr? There is a spinning wheel in the status bar while it's processing the files after you exit from Develop mode.

Comment

I am fairly certain the processing was completed as I had to Filter my selection before uploading - besides its the Uploaded files on Flickr that are OK. The local files were the ones losing the changes which suggest somewhere in the database it didn't store all the 'Develop' when I closed down the program.

Comment

Originally posted by GusPanella View Post
              I just submitted this same issue again to tech support. I encourage all who have this problem to do the same. Their response suggest they do not know if development is working on the problem .

​In the meantime.... Here are the reset options that I know of... after closing Ult10...
              a) * My least favorite (and the suggest that I find the most frustrating). Reinstall the software.... Better options include
              ​b) Win10 > Rt. Click on desktop > Display Settings > Change size of text in apps slider; Change to a different magnification level.... wait.... change back
              ​c) ACDSee > Manage > View > Reset Layout

​Of the three, I find that "b" works most of the time; "c" works some of the time....
              ​I also find the issue always comes back... the frustrating part is I can't figure out why it comes back!

In my case, this only happens on my laptop with a UHD screen (3840 x 2160 resolution). My other computers with 1920x1080 do not have this problem.
              I'm having the same issue on a three monitor system, each at 1920x1200, and option b usually brings it back... very annoying.

Comment

I also have (U10) a develop corruption problem. Click image for larger version

Name:	Cattura.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	34.6 KB
ID:	41544
                I always have to restart the program to have it fixed.
                Annoying indeed

Comment

Working...
                X