Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ultimate 11 - Features you would like to see?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ultimate 11 - Features you would like to see?

What would you like to see in ultimate 11?

I'll start I would like to see the following;

Ability to save paint brush selections in Develop mode for reuse in all the tools that are managed by the paintbrush.

In the noise reduction parts, in both edit and develop mode, have a button (or maybe the ALT key) that temporarily displays the image deaturated into B&W. This allows the user to optimise the setting of the luminence slider easier. It's probably a very simple addition to get a very helpful feature that is already available in other good noise reduction programs like Topaz denoise!
    Last edited by Trevor; 07-07-2017, 06:08 AM.

Comment

I am still using DxO OpticsPro 11 for most of my raw converting although I would much prefer to use Ultimate 10 if only for the reason of the seamless integration of the manage and edit modes and local adjustments, that are sadly missing in DxO plus missing support for my older files.

There are four reasons why I am stuck with DxO:
      1. as Trevor pointed out NOISE REDUCTION. DxO does such a beautiful automatic job that I never need to touch a slider. I just have to switch to prime as I handle 3200 ISO files. With U10 I fiddle with five sliders and still dont get an acceptable result.
      2. Perspective Correction in develop mode.Wheras I have all the flexibility I need in edit mode, perspective correction in develop mode is rather rudimentary. What I miss most is the ability to correct vertical lines left and right and horizontal lines top and bottom individually, plus correct h/v ratio. Again look at DxO viewpoint and even LR for footsteps to follow in.
      3. Better automatic correction of CAs and fringing build into the lens database.
      4. An additional function in the export dialoge: "send to external application"

I would gladly pay for an upgrade if it only contained these improvements.

Comment

A better clone stamp. I want to see exactly what is being copied before I commit, like in Affinity photo. This would allow us to place the stamp precisely, especially useful for lines or patterns.

Comment

Originally posted by pefunk View Post
          I am still using DxO OpticsPro 11 for most of my raw converting although I would much prefer to use Ultimate 10 if only for the reason of the seamless integration of the manage and edit modes and local adjustments, that are sadly missing in DxO plus missing support for my older files.

There are four reasons why I am stuck with DxO:
          1. as Trevor pointed out NOISE REDUCTION. DxO does such a beautiful automatic job that I never need to touch a slider. I just have to switch to prime as I handle 3200 ISO files. With U10 I fiddle with five sliders and still dont get an acceptable result.
          2. Perspective Correction in develop mode.Wheras I have all the flexibility I need in edit mode, perspective correction in develop mode is rather rudimentary. What I miss most is the ability to correct vertical lines left and right and horizontal lines top and bottom individually, plus correct h/v ratio. Again look at DxO viewpoint and even LR for footsteps to follow in.
          3. Better automatic correction of CAs and fringing build into the lens database.
          4. An additional function in the export dialoge: "send to external application"

I would gladly pay for an upgrade if it only contained these improvements.

Number 4 is there alreasy is it not as you can set up external programs as editors and use the send to button.

Comment

Hello, Thank you for the feedback. I've added your ideas to the list.

Regarding: In the noise reduction part, in edit and develop mode, have a button that temporarily displays the image deaturated into B&W. This allows the user to opimise the setting of the luminence slider. Very helpful feature already available in other noise reduction programs like Topaz denoise!

Hold down Alt key when you move a slider. That should get what you need.

Regards,
            Mark

Comment

As mentioned elsewhere in this forum I would like to see my presets saved with the database or at least saveable in some form. I have passed this on to ACDSee already.
              Another nice-to-have would be a Develop history that we could step back through.

Comment

Originally posted by johnjbloomfield View Post

Number 4 is there alreasy is it not as you can set up external programs as editors and use the send to button.

Yes, but only in manage mode, and you can just send the original file over to the external programme, neglecting all the adjustments you made in develop. So the only way is to export the file to a format that can be opened by the external programme (in my case mostly Affinity Photo), then go to that file in manage mode and then send it to the external application. My suggestion is to export and open in extermal application in one sinmple step that could incidentally be saved as an export preset.
                This is the way DxO, RawTherapee,Lightroom and Capture 1 (but I am not sure about C1) handle this question.
                Alternatively it could be helpful to add to the "external apllication" function in develop the optiion "... with ACDSee adjustments applied" which would then send a tiff-file to the chosen application.

Comment

I would like all common plugins to work. For example NIK Viveza doesn't, yet it works perfectly in PaintShopPro and Affinity Photo. Topaz Texture Effects 2 crashes; version 1 works. ACDSee needs to expend a little more effort on plugin compatibility.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobbert View Post
                    I would like all common plugins to work. For example NIK Viveza doesn't, yet it works perfectly in PaintShopPro and Affinity Photo. Topaz Texture Effects 2 crashes; version 1 works. ACDSee needs to expend a little more effort on plugin compatibility.

I use Viveza 2 a bit but I moved to using them all as external editors rather than as plugins as such.

Similar to what pefunk describes above - a bit of a chore to have to leave those steps until last though as they need the image as jpeg.

Comment

I would like to see Edit Mode Menu operation to mimic the operation of Develop Mode menu... not the menu items... just how the main " + " sign works.... For instance, when the second "+" sign is clicked, the previous " + " sign collapses.

​Since this is highly user preference specific and I am certain others like the Edit Mode menu operations better, it may be better to have "auto-menu-close" a user settable feature.

​Bonus Points if the default menu opened in Edit Mode contained a subset of user defined favorites.

Comment

This may be more of a bug than a feature... Have maps stop throwing the error "You are using a browser that is not supported by Google Maps JavaScript API, Consider changing your browser"

Comment

Maybe I have missed this feature.... but how about Hotkeys to select the main modes (Manage, Photos, View, Develop, Edit, 365, Dashboard, Message Center)

Comment

Business plan feature .... Since Google is ending support of NIK tools, maybe ACD Systems could buy NIK code from Google, then integrate features into and continue development?

Comment

In manage mode, I would like to have the option to stack photos so I can group my raw file with an ACDC edited version or any externally edited TIFF version.

In View mode, full size views of Affinity Photo files.

Comment

Working...
                              X