Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ultimate 11 - Features you would like to see?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I did try the duplicate layer as you described but it didn't seem to work as I thought it would ... will be trying some more.

Comment

Originally posted by johnjbloomfield View Post
      What would you like to see in ultimate 11?

I'll start I would like to see the following;

Ability to save paint brush selections in Develop mode for reuse in all the tools that are managed by the paintbrush.
      Useful error messages

Comment

Originally posted by Bobbert View Post
        A better clone stamp. I want to see exactly what is being copied before I commit, like in Affinity photo. This would allow us to place the stamp precisely, especially useful for lines or patterns.
        This would indeed be very useful. it would make cloning much much easier to use, you could then place the clone stamp exactly where you need it, because you'd see the contents of the stamp while moving the mouse around. Especially useful if there are any lines or sharp edged objects in that part of the image you are cloning.
        At the moment cloning is just multiple trial and error, in such cases, before I finally get it just where I need it.
        Please add that one feature and I'd be happy :-)

Comment

.HEIF format , the new IOS 11 replacement for JPEG may well be needed soon.
          At least for importing pictures from an iPhone.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobbert View Post
            A better clone stamp. I want to see exactly what is being copied before I commit, like in Affinity photo. This would allow us to place the stamp precisely, especially useful for lines or patterns.
            Agree. Most useful when filling-in to prolong a line.

Comment

For me probably a faster response when using the application?

I mean, when I double click on any files (after the app was loaded), there should not even be any kind of delay when opening.

Comment

The printing options need sorting, its like its almost like an after thought, sorta oh do we have too?

When printing you dont need 560 million tick boxes and pointless options for resizing etc etc once colour management has been set you need paper type and size, photo quality options thats it, 99.9% will have already edited their photo with the modules within including the size before they get anywhere near the print option

Comment

Facial recognition; face recognition.

If 11 doesn't contain this, perhaps it will finally be time for me to move to Lightroom.

Comment

Originally posted by ehart View Post
                    Facial recognition; face recognition.

If 11 doesn't contain this, perhaps it will finally be time for me to move to Lightroom.

How do you use facial recognition? I'm not saying it shouldn't be there, not at all. But I'm trying to get a handle on when, how, and why I would want it.

Comment

Originally posted by Glen Barrington View Post

How do you use facial recognition? I'm not saying it shouldn't be there, not at all. But I'm trying to get a handle on when, how, and why I would want it.
                      I asked myself the same question, until I looked-up Lightroom help: One uses it to automatically apply keywords to images, i.e. the name(s) of the recognized faces.
                      Last edited by jpzundel; 08-01-2017, 11:04 AM.

Comment

+1 to facial recognition. I really wanted this the other day when trying to find all photos of my uncle for his birthday party. I had to revert back to Picasa for this.
                        How about all photo recognition? It is probably a lot to ask for, but this is a huge advantage of using Google Photos. I can search for "wine bottle" and photos just come up.
                        +1 to responsiveness. Switching in and out of develop mode should be nearly instantaneous, but it is super painful. Combine that with the awful behavior of the "Done" button which mysteriously takes me out of develop mode, and my editing time skyrockets. Switching between photos in develop mode should also be snappy and easier. I don't want to constantly go in and out of different modes - just keep me in one and let me edit the photos in a row.

I'd also really like the ability to filter on multiple selections in the view mode. For instance, let me filter all 5 AND 4 star images. These should essentially be checkboxes, not radio buttons.

Lastly, I find that sharpness, smoothing, white balance, auto-contrast basically never produce good looking results by default. The algorithms could really use some work.

Comment

Hitting edit when you are in develop mode should apply the changes you have made in develop mode before opening in edit mode.

‚ÄčI find I have to hit done then go to edit mode - it is just a couple of seconds but as sagaciousb says it does all add up.

Comment

My wish list, in order:
                            1. auto-align layers
                            2. Liquify tool
                            3. Hi/Lo pass filters
                            4. Pen pressure sensitivity (e.g., Surface Pen, Wacom pens)
                            5. Improving the quality of clone & heal repair tools
                            6. Improving noise redux tool--color denoise works well, and de-fringe is ok, but the luminance denoiser needs work. Maybe add an edge detection feature to the luminance denoiser to help maintain sharpness.
                            If these features get implemented, I would throw my money so hard at my screen that it would go back in time and buy U11 yesterday.

Bonus wish list feature: a real selection of filters. We have different options in Develop and Edit mode, and I don't really know if what we have in Edit mode can really be called a "filter"--and to be fair, nothing is called a "filter" in ACDsee. Anyway, not that important--plenty of cheap/free options for filters, but having it all in one place would be nice.

Built-in film emulation would also be cool, but also not a priority on my list because Color Effex from NIK works well enough, and it's free.

Comment

Wacom Tablet support beyond the basic functionality. So seeing different pressures adjusting brushes etc.
                              Image stacking.

Comment

Ultimate can work with layers, my wish should be to have the possibility to make panoramas and also to stack images done with exposure bracketing.

Comment

Working...
                                X