Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ultimate 11 - Features you would like to see?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by johnjbloomfield View Post
    Hitting edit when you are in develop mode should apply the changes you have made in develop mode before opening in edit mode.

​I find I have to hit done then go to edit mode - it is just a couple of seconds but as sagaciousb says it does all add up.
    Can you clarify this? From what I can tell, when I adjust my RAW files in develop, those changes appear to be there when I switch to edit.

Comment

Originally posted by dragus359 View Post

Can you clarify this? From what I can tell, when I adjust my RAW files in develop, those changes appear to be there when I switch to edit.
      They are there in edit mode but they don't save on the RAW file itself unless you've got done before you go to edit. So if you reopen the RAW file in develop mode your adjustments are lost.

Comment

Originally posted by Glen Barrington View Post

How do you use facial recognition? I'm not saying it shouldn't be there, not at all. But I'm trying to get a handle on when, how, and why I would want it.
        Download a copy of Picassa and have a play. Basically it's used in manage to automatically build a collection of photos of each person. It also suggests posdible photos and you get a yes/no on whether or not it got it right. This then goes back into training the recognition algorythm.

Comment

Be nice if there wad an option to have 'save a copy' automatically work out a file name. Picassa just used a numeric suffix. Makes workflow through it a lot better as I don't have to take my hands off of the mouse.

Comment

I would like to be able to toggle the creation of proxies in the [developed] folder. I am willing to pay the price of slower previews for faster smaller backups.
            Last edited by Ed Lyons; 08-04-2017, 09:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by johnjbloomfield View Post

They are there in edit mode but they don't save on the RAW file itself unless you've got done before you go to edit. So if you reopen the RAW file in develop mode your adjustments are lost.
              ​Ah, ok, got it. Thanks.

Comment

A few things I would like to see:

-More robust repair tool similar to Affinity Photo's in-painting and healing brush
                -Selective luminance, sharpening, and blurring that includes all menu options (i.e. radius, mask, detail, etc.)
                -Selective tone curve
                -Vertical sliders to tone curve or allow the module to be displayed larger for fine tuning. It would also be great to have an option for the grid to be displayed over histogram instead of behind it.
                -More keyboard shortcuts
                -Color picker for modules like effects, split tone, etc. to allow you to more closely match existing colors in the photo
                -Add an option for the straighten tool so you can set two points and then straighten (versus the current click and drag method)
                -Automatic correction for chromatic aberration, with the additional fine tuning using the manual controls
                -Frequency separation
                -HDR
                -Focus stacking

Comment

Originally posted by dragus359 View Post
                  My wish list, in order:
                  1. auto-align layers
                  2. Liquify tool
                  3. Hi/Lo pass filters
                  4. Pen pressure sensitivity (e.g., Surface Pen, Wacom pens)
                  5. Improving the quality of clone & heal repair tools
                  6. Improving noise redux tool--color denoise works well, and de-fringe is ok, but the luminance denoiser needs work. Maybe add an edge detection feature to the luminance denoiser to help maintain sharpness.
                  If these features get implemented, I would throw my money so hard at my screen that it would go back in time and buy U11 yesterday.

Bonus wish list feature: a real selection of filters. We have different options in Develop and Edit mode, and I don't really know if what we have in Edit mode can really be called a "filter"--and to be fair, nothing is called a "filter" in ACDsee. Anyway, not that important--plenty of cheap/free options for filters, but having it all in one place would be nice.

Built-in film emulation would also be cool, but also not a priority on my list because Color Effex from NIK works well enough, and it's free.

In the develop noise reduction module there are two sliders called "preserve detail" and "preserve detail threshold". By holding the alt key and moving those sliders you can protect details around edges. I find it does a fairly good job, but I agree there's still room for improvement. I would also like to see in edit mode, sliders for the median noise removal and despeckle options - without the ability to fine tune it usually ends up being too harsh.

Comment

Stitching panoramas

Comment

Oh yeah, and the ability to to remove elements from an image like Elements and Affinity Photo have.

Comment

I'd like better support for playing videos from View mode, mainly better control (at least some control because there is none now) over which codec/filter/renderer is used for playing. Support for simple DirectShow filters would be ideal. Currently, support for AVCHD videos created by a lot of cameras is pathetic which could easily be fixed if ACDSee could be allowed to use external filters.

Also, I would like option to NEVER EVER EVER NEVER alter file-modified date. There is option to preserve last modified date during batch operations, but, for example, embedding database information to a file currently alters file date.

Comment

It seems there is some renaming going on. I see Photo Studio Professional and Photo Studio Ultimate used in the same email and it is a bit difficult to see if these are one or two products.

Comment

Originally posted by njlarsen View Post
                            It seems there is some renaming going on. I see Photo Studio Professional and Photo Studio Ultimate used in the same email and it is a bit difficult to see if these are one or two products.
                            It´s two products - Pro and Ultimate! https://www.acdsee.com/en/index

Comment

Support of Fujifilm EXIF-information Dynamic Range.
                              IrfanView has it already. Example:
                              Dynamic Range Setting - Auto (100-400%)
                              Auto Dynamic Range - 200

Comment

Working...
                              X