Archive Unicode Filename Support

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Archive Unicode Filename Support

I'm having problems with ACDSee opening archive files that have Unicode characters in them, the only way to open them is to change my PC's locale. Image files work fine, is this because the archive decoder plugins are outdated and don't support Unicode?

Do you have a sample? I've got a German system and can easily open archives with Russian or Chinese names. (W7, AC10)

Comment

I can also open zip files with Unicode names (Chinese and Japanese). If you need to set your system locale to a specific language, perhaps the language filename of your archive is not Unicode?

Comment

Originally posted by Ben_H View Post
        I can also open zip files with Unicode names (Chinese and Japanese). If you need to set your system locale to a specific language, perhaps the language filename of your archive is not Unicode?
        I believe all filenames on NTFS are UTF16. The filenames are mostly in Japanese, I did a test by creating a new archive with あ.zip as the filename, and opening it shows "There are no items in the selected folders", but renaming it to a.zip shows the files inside. This also works fine when my locale is set to Japanese instead of English (United States).

Here's the file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/kpbgrg0ay1...81%82.zip?dl=0

http://puu.sh/xzut3/fcc615de8f.png Here's my archive plugin version, is that the same as yours? What locale are you working with, can you give me a sample file or filename to test with?
        Last edited by Sinbios; 09-14-2017, 04:00 AM.

Comment

Here's a part of systeminfo:

Code:
          Betriebssystemname: Microsoft Windows 7 Professional
          Betriebssystemversion: 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601
          Systemgebietsschema: de;Deutsch (Deutschland)
          Eingabegebietsschema: de;Deutsch (Deutschland)
          My AC version is 10.4 (Build 912)
          ZIP-Plugin : v3.4.413.0000

In AC I see a red icon with the zip file name 'あ.zip' in manage mode. With a double click on it, AC displays a file named 'test.txt'. Double clicking this opens my text file editor showing the content 'test'. Thus, everything as expected.

However, you could disable the plugin. Then AC will still display the zip file, but a double click should open it in an explorer window.

[Edit]
          I also tried AC Photo Studio Ultimate 2018 on w10

Code:
          Betriebssystemname:                            Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
          Betriebssystemversion:                         10.0.15063 Nicht zutreffend Build 15063
          Systemgebietsschema:                           de;Deutsch (Deutschland)
          Eingabegebietsschema:                          de;Deutsch (Deutschland)
          AC Version 11.0 (Build 1196)
          Zip-Plugin v3.5.429.0000

Same result.

BTW. Heavily edited. I first forgot to switch to 'show all files' in the options (ALT-O)
          Last edited by Emil; 09-22-2017, 02:46 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X