ACDSee Ultimate 10 vs. ACDSee Photo Studio Ultimate 2018

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ACDSee Ultimate 10 vs. ACDSee Photo Studio Ultimate 2018

Can't find anything to compare these 2 products. I currently have ACDSee Ultimate 9 sand am aware of what v10 can do but I am being offered a pre-release deal on ACDSee Photo Studio Ultimate 2018 but can't find anything about how the product works and what it does except for limited info on the ACDSee product page and a video that is not helpful at all. Anyone know anything about how the 2 products differ?

The details are now on the main website. Looks like a general rename across the whole product line.
    ACDSee Photo Software - Photo Editing, Photo Management, Photo Editor, Digital Photography, Digital Asset Management, DAM

Comment

I was trialing Ultimate 10, it looks like at this point the only big difference may be an erase tool, Some of the "new" things on their learn more page seem to have been in 10 based on the description of the functions. I am going to wait for it to come out and trial it just to see what it does; the 10% promo isn't that enticing to me without really knowing what it can do.

Comment

or
        should have I asked. is ACDSee Photo Studio Ultimate 2018 replacing ACDSee Ultimate 10 or is it a new separate product?

Comment

Originally posted by grahcom View Post
          or
          should have I asked. is ACDSee Photo Studio Ultimate 2018 replacing ACDSee Ultimate 10 or is it a new separate product?
          The answer I received from customer support was that it will be a replacement for ACDSee Ultimate 10.

Comment

Originally posted by pilmoore View Post

The answer I received from customer support was that it will be a replacement for ACDSee Ultimate 10.
            Thank you for your reply.

Comment

Hopefully there will be a number of extensive improvements/additions to the great app. And hopefully with a better performance too.

Comment

Also got this reply from their Facebook site. " ACD SystemsHi Graham, ACDSee Photo Studio Ultimate 2018 is the next version of ACDSee Ultimate 10. We've done some rebranding but the software is still the same just with new great features.

Comment

I just pre-ordered the Photo Studio PRO 2018 version (45% cheaper than full price), but it is not available for download before August 29. I donĀ“t think it is a major upgrade, but I have had some loading problems with version 10 so I hope this version will be better/more stable.
                  Last edited by jizzen; 08-26-2017, 04:08 PM.

Comment

I have just upgraded to Photo Studio Ultimate 2018 and it looks pretty good, but now I'm wondering if I should have chosen Pro instead. Can anyone tell me what's the difference between the Pro and the Ultimate version?

Comment

Hi Jack, the biggest difference is that Ultimate has a layered editor in edit mode. Layers, adjustment layers, masks, etc.

Comment

Thanks Tony Okay, so that's what we have in Ultimate 10 already. Normally I associate the term "professional" with "best in class", but it looks like in this case "ultimate" means "ACDSee with everything" So, then I assume Photo Studio Pro 2018 is a slightly upgraded version of ACDSee 10 Pro, which doesn't have layering.

Comment

Working...
                        X