Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How can I apply Batch Light EQ settings?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can I apply Batch Light EQ settings?

I shoot a lot of dimly lit stage settings, with hot back-lighting, where I need to use Light EQ (9 or 7-band) to be able to boost the lowest ranges, but not the mid or upper. I'd like to apply these in Batches, but I don't see a way to do that. I can see how to do a Batch Adjust Exposure or Batch Edit > Light EQ, but none of them give me the multi-band control of the regular Light EQ within the Develop or Edit modes. The closest fine adjustment I see is either the Tone Curve within the Batch Edit > Exposure setting, or using the Compression and Amplitude adjustments within Batch Edit > Light EQ, but even these is not quite discreet enough.

Any suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks.
    Last edited by ACPhillips; 08-16-2017, 05:42 AM.

Here's a suggestion to try for Develop Mode. Develop one image the way you want it. Then, use Copy / Paste Settings to apply the settings from the Developed image to a whole batch of similar images. This is my main workflow. Maybe it will help you.

Comment

Originally posted by LV_Bill View Post
      Here's a suggestion to try for Develop Mode. Develop one image the way you want it. Then, use Copy / Paste Settings to apply the settings from the Developed image to a whole batch of similar images. This is my main workflow. Maybe it will help you.

Thanks LV_Bill. How do I actually apply the setting? I see how to do the Copy / Paste, but not how to Apply.

Comment

The paste is the apply. But, just to clarify, this is not ordinary Copy/Paste. These are special Develop Mode commands found under: Tools > Process > Copy Settings, and Paste Settings. Take a look at the extensive options. You'll quickly see the potential.

You can copy settings from one image, then select several 'target' images, then paste settings to apply selected settings to all of the target images. You can paste to one target or hundreds with one Paste Settings command. Let ACDSee do all the work.

Comment

You can also use Batch Develop - "use last settings"

Comment

Thanks to you both. I need to play with this more.

Comment

Hi folks
              Why not use a preset ?

Comment

I would expect a preset to work better for studio images where in principle conditions are very similar day after day. For outdoor images, adjusting the first image and using those settings as the "preset" for the day (or maybe just for the first 1/2 hour) makes more sense to me.

Niels

Comment

I understand the use of Presets, however I don't see a way to create a "Preset" from the Light EQ function that I can access via any of the Batch functions. Am I missing something?

Comment

A couple of options that work to create a reusable (preset) setting.

​From batch mode...
                    ​Rt. click on image > Batch > Batch Edit > LightEQ > Save preset by clicking the disk icon.

​Although, not from a batch mode, there are also these options
                    Edit Mode: View > ACDSee Actions > Record new action > Select and change LightEQ as desired. Save action

​Develop Mode: Set Light EQ as desired > Click on the gear in the snapshot pane > Save Preset

Comment

Ooopsss ... I read back to the beginning of the thread...
                      ​Unfortunately, this batch option only yields two bars as said in the first post.... Sorry.

Comment

Hi again

Batch > Export lets you use a develop preset, too. Did you also try that way ?
                        I already set up a preset for light EQ (including 7 bands) which I applied in my export batches.

Comment

Working...
                        X