Ultimate 2018 cloning

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ultimate 2018 cloning

I downloaded the trial yesterday. Sigh - they added content aware "smart erase" but the clone stamp hasn't changed from previous. I still can't see what I am stamping before I actually commit. Makes cloning of areas with regular patterns quite frustrating.

Any other bouquets or brickbats out there? Anyone else look at the wish list to see what ACDSee may have listened to?

Agreed. There are a lot of things that need tweaking and no will to do it. I use Affinity Photo for any serious cloning or repair work

Comment

I have been compiling a list of improvements (6 so far) , misses (9 so far), neutral changes (4 so far) and new bugs (maybe 1 so far) that I have noticed. Of course these will be those that are centered around my personal (sometimes twisted) view of the world. Since many things are my personal view, I am not sure how helpful it would be to the broader community.

​I also keep an ACDSee bug list that includes bugs, awkward operations, and enhancement request that I still need to go through that.
      ​I make these list as it helps me to remember and avoid the land mines.

​I wish that every software application provider would maintain a public bug and enhancement request list so I did not have to stumble across them at critical moments.

Comment

Originally posted by GusPanella View Post
        I have been compiling a list of improvements (6 so far) , misses (9 so far), neutral changes (4 so far) and new bugs (maybe 1 so far) that I have noticed. Of course these will be those that are centered around my personal (sometimes twisted) view of the world. Since many things are my personal view, I am not sure how helpful it would be to the broader community.

​I also keep an ACDSee bug list that includes bugs, awkward operations, and enhancement request that I still need to go through that.
        ​I make these list as it helps me to remember and avoid the land mines.

​I wish that every software application provider would maintain a public bug and enhancement request list so I did not have to stumble across them at critical moments.

Techsmith, the publisher of Snagit and Camtasia, has an interesting user's forum feature where, when someone comes up with interesting feature proposal, or a complaint about the software, the registered users can vote on it with a 'Me Too" vote, indicating they agree with the comments. Then Techsmith compiles the statistics for each month's votes and tell the users what complaints and ideas resonates with the users What ideas are carried over from the last months ideas. The product managers then classify the ideas as rejected, interesting, under consideration, under development, and implemented. Rejected usually comes with some sort of explanation.

Their niche in the graphics software industry is a bit different from ACDSee's, so not everything they do could be applied to ACDSee, but it might be worth ACDSee's time to consider what Techsmith does.
        Last edited by Glen Barrington; 09-03-2017, 05:40 AM.

Comment

If ACDSEE is watching and reading - being able to see where you need to place the clone so lines and shadows line up is VERY VERY Important - you are forcing us to retain PHOTOSHOP as an editor. Please fix..

Comment

Hello Mrstewy,

Thank you for the feedback. The request is now added to our feature list and will be considered in the next version.

Regards,
            Mark

Comment

Working...
            X