Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using Search on large databse

Hi team,

​When I create a PANORAMA, I use the original camera filename+"p".type. - so the "p" indicates a panorama

​I can also add alpha characters between the filename and the "p" so as to identify processing status in normal file view.

​My question is" how do I specify the search logic in the search pane to identify all the files with a ????p.type - so I can create a panorama category for easier searching?

thanks in advance..

Steve

I know this is not a satisfactory answer, but... For my part, to distinguish these pictures (panoramas), and to search for them, I add "pano" in the title field of IPTC. That's all.

Alaric (French)

Comment

Thanks Alaric - I still need to get the search logic understood to find my pics that include in them *******p.jpg, p.acdc, p.psd, p.tif etc etc.. I have been using this method sine ACDSEE 5.. and now have heaps of pics and many panoramas

Comment

I do not know the answer. However, as you find such files, I would definitely do something of the sort that Alaric proposes: add a keyword, IPTC title, category or whatever your preference is.

Niels

Comment

Thanks Niels, but for a DATABASE strong program, it would be ideal if we could query the database effectively. I am simply asking to identify all file names with a combination of "p." in them regardless of other alpha/numeric characters. There has to be a means to raise a query to do this.. I am not database guru, so hoping those that designed the database can let us know how to achieve this.

Comment

Easy. In the search pane, at the top, "files and text" Search for files and folders named:
            First click the arrow to the right and choose images only,
            Then a standard wildcard search works. Eg. to find all files with the name xxxxxxxp.jpg the search would be *p.jpg
            To find any file with the letter "p" the search is *p*.*

Comment

Effectively. Look at the screen shot... You can find the same in the english documentation.
              (For my part, I never rename the files, and do not use the search pane).

Alaric (French)

Comment

I tried, out of curiosity, to search certains files those name does NOT contain some criteria. I don't know what to do.

eg. I have a file called "img123.jpg" and the same picture, modified, with the name "img123_modified.jpg"

I want to isolate the file which its name does not contain the words (the criteria) "_modified", to delete it.

(Obviously, I have several hundreds of files in this case...).

Alaric (French)

Comment

You can do that for keywords in the quick search box... eg. Alice + Lise - Robert. But I don't think you can search for file names in quick search. There is no way to do multiple line Boolean searches in the search pane, which I consider to be a fundamental weakness of ACDSee

Comment

Working...
                  X