really enjoying acdsee ultimate 2018, but EXTREMELY slow on my computer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• really enjoying acdsee ultimate 2018, but EXTREMELY slow on my computer

I'm really enjoying the output I get from Acdsee Ultimate 2018, but the raw editing fro D7200 files is extremely slow on my machine (Intel Xeon COU E5-1607 at 3.00 ghz, 12GB ram, windows 10 pro 64GB. Raw editing is slow, but if I engage the dehaze slider it slows down to the point that it is almost unusable. Any ideas on how to speed it up? Anyone else having the same issue?
    I want to reiterate that I love the output!
    Last edited by ontariomark; 09-19-2017, 10:21 AM.

More details please. Where photos are stored databased or not.

Comment

Images are stored on a USB 3.0 harddrive. Database is on my C drive in the default location, : C:\Users\[your username]\AppData\Local\ACD Systems\Catalogs\11.0Pro\Default. This is a solid state drive.

Comment

Historically, I have tracked most slow downs to one of two things:
        ​1) Database Issues: Thus, I tend to "Optimize Database" about once per month
        ​2) ACDid InTouch: In versions before 2018, this utility cause d pauses and hiccups in operation. Not bad... but annoying. I would rename all occurrence of the acdID InTouch EXE file on my computer then reboot. This being said, I have NOT notice any issues with InTouch and the 2018 release

​At one point, I also had the ACDC database installed on a network location. This is a HUGE mistake as it seems ACDC loves to read/write from this database. Thus, when this file is on the network, it slows down the processes relative to your network connection speed.

Comment

What sort of graphics card do you have? The reason I ask, is that starting with V9, ACDSee started to rely on using the graphics processor for many of the new features in the edit tab, and I wonder if some of that reliance is starting to show up in the Develop tab? The minimum system requirements for a graphics card is 512mb of onboard RAM on the graphics card. It has been my experience that things just work better with 1GB of onboard graphics ram. 512mb works, but 1gb works better.

Gus is correct about ACDSee InTouch, disabling it via a rename is the way to go. All you will miss are the annoying advertisements to buy the software you've already bought and auto notices that that the support updates are available. Checking in here every so often, will usually let you know that updates are available.

The info below is from the web page.

System Requirements
          • To activate your software, you will need a valid email address and an internet connection.
          Hardware
          • Intel® Pentium® 4 or AMD Athlon® 64 processor (2 GHz or faster)
          • 2 GB RAM (6 GB RAM recommended)
          • 512 MB Video RAM (VRAM)
          • DirectX 10 compatible graphics adapter
          • 1024 x 768 display resolution (1920 x 1080 recommended)
          • 2GB of available hard disk space.
          Software
          • Microsoft® Windows® 7 (SP1), Windows® 8, Windows® 8.1 & Windows® 10 (64-bit editions only)
          • Microsoft® Internet Explorer® 9+
          • Microsoft® DirectX® 10 or higher
          • Windows Media® Player 9.0
          Last edited by Glen Barrington; 09-20-2017, 06:50 PM.

Comment

Graphics card is Nvidia Quadro 600 which is 1gb. Is there an easy way to rename acdid in touch. Is there an easy way to find all the instances of acdidintouch.exe. Typing this into the windows search feature for my computer isn't yielding any results.

Comment

On my system, acdIDInTouch2.exe is located:
              C:\Program Files\ACD Systems\ACDSee Ultimate\11.0
              C:\Program Files\ACD Systems\ACDSee Video Studio 2
              C:\Program Files (x86)\ACD Systems\ACDSee Video Converter Pro 5
              Your results may be different.

I rename the file to acdIDInTouch2.exe​_OLD just in case I need to get it back later.

Also, go to: ​Task Manager > Startup > acdIDInTouch2 > [change_status_to_disable]

Comment

thank you all for your help, will try these steps and hope it helps

Comment

Working...
                X