Drawing tablet ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drawing tablet ?

Anyone using s drawing tablet with the ultimate product?
    I was hoping that such a device with a pen instead of a mouse would aid me with more accurate retouching, marking, selecting & cloning etc.
    Has it helpef you, what style/type works best for photo editing?
    Thanks

Read this.

Comment

The pressure function does not work, but other than this they are fine.
      I use a wacom Intuos photo pen and touch, it takes some time to get used to, but one day you suddenly realise that making selections is so much easier than before.
      If you do basic editing, and do not make fine selections of areas of a photo, a tablet is not necessary; you see your hand is used to using a pen, so moving it around a tablet making a selection just feels normal and is more accurate than using a mouse.

Carl.

Comment

Thanks for the replies!
        One question about the use of drawing tablets, if I may?
        With the mouse wheel and ctrl key I can quickly change the displayed zoom. Or adjust other parameters like the rotation in the ACDSee geometry tab. I guess there is no "wheel" on the pen, so how is that done when you have just a pen in your hand?
        Last edited by Trevor; 09-28-2017, 05:44 AM.

Comment

I am left handed (yeah I know, all the clever men are?!!!) and I use the tablet/pen in my left hand, and the mouse in my right to do just what you suggest, to do the things you find difficult to do with the pen like zoom or adjust pen width.

It sounds difficult, but you do get used to it.

Carl.

Comment

Wow! Do you do the typing with your feet. Just kidding :-)

Comment

Working...
            X