Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ultimate pack, can you run the different programs simultaneously?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ultimate pack, can you run the different programs simultaneously?

Wondering if I were to purchase the 2018 Ultimate pack if I could run 2 or more of the programs simultaneously? ie. do raw conversions in photo studio ultimate, export the files as jpegs in photo studio professional at the same time to speed up workflow?

Yes this indeed is possible, however both programs must have separate databases. But it is pretty cumbersome.

E.g you may use Pro to do all the management and developing routines.
    Then exit Pro and copy the db into the Ultimate db path (Both share the same db version)
    After copying you can start both programs and
    can go on with management and developing more images in Pro
    while Ultimate exports a bunch of other images.

Comment

It is possible to open up two instances of Ult2018 on the same compute.... Kick-off a Batch > Export/Develop/other in the first instance... while simultaneously working in the second instance editing an image.

​This does take a lot of resources (cores, RAM, etc.) . Although, I have not had any problems, I still have a strange "feeling" that I am overstressing the software operation.

An easy way to open a second instance...
      ​Manage Mode > Rt.Click_inbackground > New > Window

Comment

Originally posted by GusPanella View Post
        It is possible to open up two instances of Ult2018 on the same compute.... Kick-off a Batch > Export/Develop/other in the first instance... while simultaneously working in the second instance editing an image.
        I've always found this function to be the buggiest part of AC. Since years this regularly crashes on my computers. But I can easily run different versions of AC at the same time.

Comment

Working...
        X