Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why only one Image Basket?

Hi all,

​I find Image Basket to be a useful tool and I use it. But it has a limitation: there is only one Image Basket, no matter how many databases you may be dealing with (3 in my case). The contents of the IB is the same no matter which DB you open. This is so because its contents are kept in Registry and not in the DB itself. If it was in the DB, it would change when changing DB, and also it would be 'recovered' when converting a DB after upgrading to a new ACDSee version.

MAU

This is a great idea, I would love to see the ability to have multiple image baskets. I use mostly when culling images for projects, so being able to slide images into multiple baskets as a temporary placement would be extremely helpful.

Comment

Years ago I've stopped to use it at all because it's content was gone after every crash. Instead I use a set of temporary categories. Nowadays the collections also seem a proper place for multiple image baskets.

Comment

Originally posted by Emil View Post
        Years ago I've stopped to use it at all because it's content was gone after every crash. Instead I use a set of temporary categories. Nowadays the collections also seem a proper place for multiple image baskets.
        Hi Emil,

I like using image basket because it shows the pics in the order I have added them to the basket. I can manually reorder and the new order will be maintained. I don't think this can be done with categories or collections,

Comment

Originally posted by MAU View Post
          I can manually reorder and the new order will be maintained.
          Yes indeed, this can't be done with categories or collections, but I've never missed it.

If I need the images sorted (which I hardly ever do), I always need to keep the sorting outside of AC too. To accomplish this, I first export the files in a new folder, then browse this folder in AC and rearrange the files as needed. In the end I use batch rename to get sortable file names using the template '### <File Properties:Filename (w/o extension)>'.

Comment

Working...
          X