Ultimate 2018 - Import function incomplete

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ultimate 2018 - Import function incomplete

In the new ACDSee Photo Studio Ultimate 2018 the import function seems to be missing some functionality that has been present since version 6, or 5, or 4....

It used to be the case that on import I could set: ACDSee DB Date, Location of import, renaming option etc., and then the organise properties such as metadata for author, IPTC copyright and such properties as event, place, album, etc. etc.

It now appears, at least when importing from disk, that I no longer have the ability to set these organise properties. Is there a button somewhere on the import screen that I'm missing? Or, is there some other way to achieve this?

Clearly this is something that others have not run across. (No responses in the forum). So I asked support and, after giving me incorrect advice relating to U10, they were able to point me in the right direction.

Rather than have the properties and metadata window as part of the overall import window it is now launched by pressing the "Customize" button to the right of "Apply Metadata:". This then brings up the import metadata window. Note that it is here that categories are set. I've attached a screenshot.

This new layout doesn't seem logical to me and includes a further step/key press in my workflow but I'm sure I'll get used to it.

Comment

Philip,

thank you for sharing this information. Helpful to me for sure, so I discovered new functionality

Cheers,
      Janto

Comment

Working...
      X