Editing problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Editing problem

While editing a photo, the "edit" menu suddenly began to occupy the entire upper half of the screen, leaving my workspace resized to fit in the lower half of the screen.
    WTF, over!!

First try Workspaces - Default Workspace and AC will load the standard workspace that has been created on first start of the program. (It's actually saved when exiting AC after using the different modes the first time.)

If this doesn't help, try View - Reset Layout. With this AC simply deletes the default workspace from the registry and restarts. Next time you run AC it will recreate the default values. Since a couple of versions there seems to exist a bug in the BCGControlBar that AC utilises. Instead of fixing the bug, they added a menu item to delete the broken values from the registry.[sic]

It's seems a good idea to save your own personal workspace to have it ready for reload, the next time AC mangles your window layout.

Hope this helps!
    Last edited by Emil; 12-05-2017, 02:40 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Emil View Post
      First try Workspaces - Default Workspace and AC will load the standard workspace that has been created on first start of the program. (It's actually saved when exiting AC after using the different modes the first time.)

If this doesn't help, try View - Reset Layout. With this AC simply deletes the default workspace from the registry and restarts. Next time you run AC it will recreate the default values. Since a couple of versons there seems to exist a bug in the BCGControlBar that AC utilises. Instead of fixing the bug, they added a menu item to delete the broken values from the registry.[sic]

It's seems a good idea to save your own personal workspace to have it ready for reload, the next time AC mangles your window layout.

Hope this helps!
      Thanks, Emil! I found the solution under "View", Used the default and configured it to my wants, then saved it per your suggestion.
      Kinda sad about "the next time AC mangles your window layout." though. 'Twould be nice it there was no next time!
      bc

Comment

Nice that it helped and thanx for the feed back.

Originally posted by Ragtop View Post
        'Twould be nice it there was no next time!
        +1
        Since many years I use AC daily and I've seen this myself just once or twice. Still more than enough!

Comment

Working...
        X