X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Emil
    started a topic Dehaze Tool in Develop Mode

Dehaze Tool in Develop Mode

In the German forum you find a short thread about unpredictable results in develop mode.

After some drill-down the dehaze tool has been found as cause of the problem. Here's a sample: The top window shows AC (Build 1272) in develop mode with dehaze tool slider set to 100. All other tools are not used. The window below shows AC in view mode displaying the same image after the creation of the proxy file. Exported images look like the image in view mode.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture_1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	212.3 KB
ID:	45313

BTW. You can also find a thread on dpreview.com,

Last edited by Emil; 12-20-2017, 03:33 AM.

• dwightr8
    replied
    Originally posted by RH71 View Post
    I also reported the bug to the support team and received a similar response from James:

"Thank you for contacting ACD Systems Customer Support.

Thanks for the information, I will this issue to the QA team to investigate the problem and enter it into their Software internal tracking system. It will be reviewed and investigated for inclusion in patches, updates and future versions. Thanks for your patience.

Should we require additional information , we will contact you.

To continue this correspondence, please just reply to this email.

Regards,
    James - ACD Customer Care Team"

Let's see what happens... a real bummer that this bug makes Dehaze unreliable/unuseable.
    I'm still using U9. They never were able to make U10 work for me. Hopefully they'll get U2018 fixed. I'd like to be able to use some of the new features.

Leave a comment:

• RH71
    replied
    I also reported the bug to the support team and received a similar response from James:

"Thank you for contacting ACD Systems Customer Support.

Thanks for the information, I will this issue to the QA team to investigate the problem and enter it into their Software internal tracking system. It will be reviewed and investigated for inclusion in patches, updates and future versions. Thanks for your patience.

Should we require additional information , we will contact you.

To continue this correspondence, please just reply to this email.

Regards,
    James - ACD Customer Care Team"

Let's see what happens... a real bummer that this bug makes Dehaze unreliable/unuseable.

Leave a comment:

• Emil
    replied
    Because of this bug we've banned all versions of AC that offer this feature.We develop several hundred images daily and it's to time consuming to proof check all developed images in view mode. We have to be able to rely on develop mode and I can't teach my co-workers to not use the dehaze tool.

Last edited by Emil; 01-12-2018, 04:54 PM.

Leave a comment:

• dwightr8
    replied
    Originally posted by dwightr8 View Post
    I had a very similar problem with Ultimate 10. I would apply dehaze to a jpg in edit mode. When I selected "Done" the image would revert to about 1/2 the dehaze effect I had applied. I submitted the problem to ACDSee support (James) but they were never able to duplicate the problem on their systems. I ended up reverting to U9 and got a refund on U10. I am currently testing U2018 and am seeing the same problem again although it's not nearly as dramatic as it was with U10. I will be submitting it to ACDSee support and I suggest anybody else who is seeing the problem do the same. Maybe if they get enough complaints they will get serious about fixing the problem.
    Good news! I just got a reply from James, ACDSee Support.

"JAN 11, 2018 | 10:16AM PST
    James replied:
    Hello Dwight

I have reproduced the problem and have reported this issue to the QA team. The issue will be entered into their Software internal tracking system. These items are reviewed and investigated for inclusion in patches, updates and future versions. Thanks for your patience.

And should we require additional information, we will contact you.

Regards.
    James"

Hopefully we'll see a fix before too long.

Leave a comment:

• dwightr8
    replied
    I had a very similar problem with Ultimate 10. I would apply dehaze to a jpg in edit mode. When I selected "Done" the image would revert to about 1/2 the dehaze effect I had applied. I submitted the problem to ACDSee support (James) but they were never able to duplicate the problem on their systems. I ended up reverting to U9 and got a refund on U10. I am currently testing U2018 and am seeing the same problem again although it's not nearly as dramatic as it was with U10. I will be submitting it to ACDSee support and I suggest anybody else who is seeing the problem do the same. Maybe if they get enough complaints they will get serious about fixing the problem.

Leave a comment:

• RH71
    replied
    I've noticed the same issue. Doesn't matter if I use dehaze in edit or in develop mode, the result is the same: exported images do not match the preview. The exported images seems to have less contrast and vibrance than the preview. It does not matter if the source is RAW or JPG. I do have some images, where the difference is not so pronounced - not sure why that is, but generally the bug seems reproducible. I've flagged it with tech support - let's see if they come back with a response.

Leave a comment:

• GusPanella
    replied
    I tried to duplicate the inconsistency using 1272 but am not able to. With all the proof that it does happen, it is even tougher because it seems to be inconsistent, too.
    (Note: I do have to do a refresh on the View Mode window after I do adjustments in Develop Mode)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X