Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Importing categories into ACDSee Ultimate

Howdy!
    I am evaluating ACDSee Ultimate and especially the photo organizing part, and I am a little bit stuck in a question I have. I need some advice in how to migrate a quite large photo collection based on folders to ACDSee. Been looking through the forum but could not find an answer.

I am currently using (or have been using) Windows Live Photo Gallery. I have about 60000 photos (mostly Canon raw, jpg, but also for example .mov .mp4) in 700 carefully named folders on my server.

The structure looks as follows (example):
    - - 01 Winter
    - - - 01 Activity x
    - - - - 2017-01-17
    - - - - - photos...
    - - - - 2017-01-18
    - - - - - photos
    - - - 02 Activity y
    - - 02 Spring
    - - - 01 Activity a
    - - - 02 Activity b
    The activity names is basically my "albums" or "categories" and is key here.

In addition to that I have used tags to filter out the pictures that I find intresting (tag: "presentation"). With that I can look at all pictures that I find intreseting from and activity, from a whole year or even the full picture set.

The questions:
    - Is there a way to import new categories into ACDSee? Direclty based on the folder structure and names? Or based on some kind of file (txt)?
    - Or even better: Is it a way to get my current folder structure to filter in combination with Categories and/or Keywords? Ie can I choose Folder "2017" (and all the pictures in the folder structure below it and have that shown) and then Keyword "Presentation"?

All help is appreciated!
    Thanks, /Johan
    Last edited by Johan A; 01-04-2018, 01:11 PM.

Originally posted by Johan A View Post
    - Is there a way to import new categories into ACDSee? Direclty based on the folder structure and names? Or based on some kind of file (txt)?
    Within AC browse to the main folder that contains your images and drag it into a category in the catalog pane. AC will ask what to do.

- Or even better: Is it a way to get my current folder structure to filter in combination with Categories and/or Keywords? Ie can I choose Folder "2017" (and all the pictures in the folder structure below it and have that shown) and then Keyword "Presentation"?
    In the options (ALT-O), catalog section enable Easy select.
    Then in the catalog pane, use the easy select symbols to filter your images
    (This only will work with AC keywords, not IPTC keywords.)

Comment

Working...
    X