Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Serious BUG --> Develop Tools Recurring Crash, Ultimate 2018 unusable!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Serious BUG --> Develop Tools Recurring Crash, Ultimate 2018 unusable!

The sliders Develop Tools - General keep crashing during edit sessions. See the attached image
    I had this same issue when I upgraded to Ultimate 10, but resetting Tools-Options-Restore to Defaults one time fixed that permanently.
    I "upgraded" to Ultimate 2018 a few days ago, and now this bug reoccurs seemingly at random. I can fix it by going into Tools-Options-Restore to Defaults. However I sometimes need to do it 2 or 3 times to fix the problem. Then while editing photos it can pop back into this error state seemingly at random whenever I enter Develop mode.
    This constant recurring crash is seriously interrupting my workflow,
    The change from Ultimate 10 to Ultimate 2018 seems like a serious downgrade, not an upgrade.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by divewizard; 03-14-2018, 08:48 AM.

Do you have any idea on how to fix this issue???

Comment

Have you reported it to ACDSee support? http://www.acdsystems.com/en/support/form

Comment

Hi divewizard,

Sorry for the trouble this has caused. If you have not updated your program to the latest version, please have it updated. Please click Help | Check for updates in ACDSee to check and install the new update

I also received your support ticket and replied. In the reply, I asked some question from the QA and development team to better understand the issue. In addition, I also provided the instructions to send us the crash reports in case this was indeed a crash.

Thanks - James
        Customer Care

Comment

As I recall this has been reported by a number of users since Pro/Ulti v9.
          Imho instead of fixing it, they added a new menu item which is "View - Reset Layout".
          It deletes a number of layout settings in the registry and restarts AC. At restart AC will install default values again.

Hope it helps.

Tags: GUI, Sliders, Graphics
          Last edited by Emil; 03-20-2018, 03:13 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X