Mobile Sync does not work on either iPad or Android phone

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mobile Sync does not work on either iPad or Android phone

This may be a simple newbie question, but I cannot get Mobile Sync to work.

I have made sure that my mobile devices are on the same Network and on the same band as is my desktop.
    The ACDSee Commander is running and Mobile Sync is started.

Neither mobile device can see a server, so I cannot identify a default Target (or any other type of Target).

What am I doing wrong?

How do I get my photos to transfer via Mobile Sync from my mobile devices and onto the Desktop's hard drive where ACDSee Photo Studio Ultimate 2018 can find them?

I also experience something like this.
    I need to reset wifi on my modem, then it works. But sometimes, after transferring a few photos, it loses connection
    Good luck

Comment

Originally posted by Potatoman1 View Post
      This may be a simple newbie question, but I cannot get Mobile Sync to work.

I have made sure that my mobile devices are on the same Network and on the same band as is my desktop.
      The ACDSee Commander is running and Mobile Sync is started.

Neither mobile device can see a server, so I cannot identify a default Target (or any other type of Target).

What am I doing wrong?

How do I get my photos to transfer via Mobile Sync from my mobile devices and onto the Desktop's hard drive where ACDSee Photo Studio Ultimate 2018 can find them?
      Hi, there are a few things we can check:
      1.) Do you have Boujour installed? You can check it in your Apps & Features. Boujour is required to establish a connection between your phone and PC. If you don't have Boujour installed, perhaps try reinstalling ACDSee on your PC.

2.) If you are using an android phone, go to Settings | Apps | ACDSee Mobile Sync | Permission, click more settings or ... at the top right corner, select All Permissions. Do you see Full Network Access listed for your ACDSee Mobile Sync app? (Every android version may be a little different, you may need to navigate on your own)

3.) If it used to work, perhaps try reboot your router (unplug and plug it in again) and see if the mobile sync app and acdsee can talk to each other now.

Ben
      ACD Systems

Comment

Originally posted by Ben_H View Post

Hi, there are a few things we can check:
        1.) Do you have Boujour installed? You can check it in your Apps & Features. Boujour is required to establish a connection between your phone and PC. If you don't have Boujour installed, perhaps try reinstalling ACDSee on your PC.

2.) If you are using an android phone, go to Settings | Apps | ACDSee Mobile Sync | Permission, click more settings or ... at the top right corner, select All Permissions. Do you see Full Network Access listed for your ACDSee Mobile Sync app? (Every android version may be a little different, you may need to navigate on your own)

3.) If it used to work, perhaps try reboot your router (unplug and plug it in again) and see if the mobile sync app and acdsee can talk to each other now.

Ben
        ACD Systems
        ​1. I checked, and Bonjour is installed on my desktop.
        ​2. I had already checked the settings on my Android phone -- and the Full Network Access was already granted.
        ​3. It has worked precisely once in 6 months. Since then, I have rebooted my router, shut down and done a cold boot on my router. I have restarted my desktop, my android phone, and my iPad. ACDSee Commander is running.

I am baffled as to why I cannot get it to work.

Comment

Hi,

I suggest to stop and then restart the mobile sync service from the system tray on the windows bottom task bar; and if the issue remains, please consider removing and then reinstalling the mobile app on your IOS and Andriod device.

Hope that helps.

But if the target server still cannot not be found, we would like to set up a remote access meeting to understand the issue in more details. I have replied to your email with the information for that setup.

James
          ACD Customer Care Team

Comment

Working...
          X