Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ACDSee "SeeDrive" syncing to online albums / collections?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • ACDSee "SeeDrive" syncing to online albums / collections?

    Before I give up on ACDSee, I'll ask again here if there is any way to select a group of photos stored locally - say a folder or an ACDSee Collection of various locally stored photos - and have that group of photos show up online somewhere - anywhere - say, Smugmug, or Google photos, or even ACDSee's own "SeeDrive", and have that group of photos remain synced between the local group and the online group??

    This is a basic thing - I must be missing something easy here, but I can't figure out how to do it.

    Even signed up for "ACDSee 365" so I could try "SeeDrive" and see what that does.

    Note the attached verbage from the SeeDrive promotional web page about "syncing" images to an online version.

    How?

    They don't mention anything about Collections - this would be the most useful thing for me to have an online synced copy of - but I don't see how to Sync ANYTHING to SeeDrive (or better yet some other service with a mobile app for accessing the photos - like Smugmug etc...)

    The Google app "Picasa" - which was free for years, but now discontinued, seems unmatched in the simple yet powerful way in which it could take folders, collections - whatever - and make an online version with a click or two - or maybe none if you set it up that way.

    I've spent countless hours trying to figure out if something as basic as this is even possible with ACDSee...

    Any help would be appreciated!
    Last edited by telljcl; 05-14-2018, 08:50 AM.

  • #2
    Hello,

    Unfortunately SeeDrive does not sync between the local drive and the cloud. I would suggest Microsoft OneDrive. I use it to sync between my computers, the cloud and my phone. It works very well for me.

    I hope that helps.

    Regards,
    Mark

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by mcosgrove View Post
      Hello,

      Unfortunately SeeDrive does not sync between the local drive and the cloud. I would suggest Microsoft OneDrive. I use it to sync between my computers, the cloud and my phone. It works very well for me.

      I hope that helps.

      Regards,
      Mark

      It helps, but it sure isn't what I circled in red from ACDSees website.

      No wonder I can't figure it out - ACDSee doesn't even know what their SW does or doesn't do. They damn sure shouldn't try to sell you on it based on flat-out "inaccurate" descriptions of it's capabilities.

      I don't want to use Onedrive (or Google Drive) as I don't want yet another local copy to keep up with.

      I've got TBs of photos (like a lot of other folks) and storing the: 1) Raw file version, 2) The developed .JPG version and then 3) Another, additional, copy of #2 isn't a very streamlined approach.

      Comment


      • #4
        Hello,
        Sync as in automatically sync, meaning if you make an edit to a local file that edit will not automatically sync to the cloud and across all your devices.

        Regarding: No wonder I can't figure it out - ACDSee doesn't even know what their SW does or doesn't do. They damn sure shouldn't try to sell you on it based on flat-out "inaccurate" descriptions of it's capabilities.

        Sorry if I confused you but please be assured I know ACDSee very well.

        Regards,
        Mark

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by mcosgrove View Post
          Hello,
          Sync as in automatically sync, meaning if you make an edit to a local file that edit will not automatically sync to the cloud and across all your devices.

          Regarding: No wonder I can't figure it out - ACDSee doesn't even know what their SW does or doesn't do. They damn sure shouldn't try to sell you on it based on flat-out "inaccurate" descriptions of it's capabilities.

          Sorry if I confused you but please be assured I know ACDSee very well.

          Regards,
          Mark

          Sorry if I sound frustrated (I am), but I didn't immediately realize you were / are an ACDSee employee. So didn't mean to rant against you or the product directly. My apologies.

          But I'm still not sure I understand what you mean by syncing.

          The literature clearly states that one can set up "automatic syncing to web".

          Automatically - to me - implies that if you have an ACDSee collection of 10 photos, and click the (well hidden, it appears) "sync to web" button, those 10 photos should then appear on the web somewhere - ostensibly in the ACDSee365 web storage / SeeDrive account.

          Should you decide later you don't like one of the 10 - and delete it locally from that collection - "automatically" implies to me that the "synced" version online will, automatically, drop that one that you just deleted locally as well, so both local and web collections now have the same 9 photos. Or, put another way - Synced.

          That's the way I read the description that I included in the original post, WRT the terms Automatic and Sync.

          Comment


          • #6
            Hello, No need to apologize and I understand the frustration. To be honest, I haven't used the Sync to Web feature in awhile and I now see why you're confused. The automatic part means automatically all the sync to web folders you selected will be uploaded whenever you click Sync to Web. I see how the help file is misleading and I'll get that corrected asap.

            I do appologize for the confusion.

            Regards,
            Mark

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by mcosgrove View Post
              Hello, No need to apologize and I understand the frustration. To be honest, I haven't used the Sync to Web feature in awhile and I now see why you're confused. The automatic part means automatically all the sync to web folders you selected will be uploaded whenever you click Sync to Web. I see how the help file is misleading and I'll get that corrected asap.

              I do appologize for the confusion.

              Regards,
              Mark
              Thanks for your time. Apology was needed - should have handled it better.

              Comment

              Working...
              X