Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it possible to select the pixel targeted color using an eye dropper tool?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it possible to select the pixel targeted color using an eye dropper tool?

I use the pixel targeting tool quite a bit, but often can't seem to get the right color match. Is there a way to select the range using the eye dropper tool?

I don't believe there's a way to use the eye dropper tool in the manner you describe. It sounds like the best way to accomplish that would be in Edit Mode by first duplicating your layer, then go to Color EQ , then select Pixel Targeting to set your mask, then adjust HSB accordingly by hovering your mouse over the color you want to effect and click-dragging up or down.

Comment

I'm not sure I understand. I want to alter a specific color, but knowing exactly which color ranges match that color is not possible with the pixel targeting tool. How would doing it on a duplicate layer help? I don't understand the process you are describing.

Comment

I may not have understood your question. I assumed you were trying to adjust the color of the photo using Color EQ (or similar) and were looking for a way to use the eye dropper to select a pixel and adjust similarly colored pixels. After rereading it sounds like you're looking for a way to use the eye dropper to select a pixel and then adjust all similarly colored pixels to apply a pixel target mask. If that's what you're asking, then I don't believe the capability currently exists but it's a great idea.

Comment

Working...
        X