Unable to edit text as a layer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unable to edit text as a layer

I have a file with a .acdc extension. I added some text as a new layer. When I re-open the file, I can select the text, and there is a yellow box with grab handles surrounding it. But I can't seem to edit it. Can you edit an existing text layer?

Update: I found that I am unable to edit text in previously saved .psd files in Affinity Photo as well! Actually you can edit the text layer in the file one time, but once it's rasterized, the text cannot be edited again. So, I'm back to using Photo Studio for my advanced editing needs!

I'm very pleased with how Photo Studio is working out, being a former Lightroom 6 user!

"Looking at other threads it looks as thought you cannot edit text once the .acdc file is saved. I was going to replace my current graphics editor with Photo Studio Ultimate, but this lack of functionality prevents me from switching. Photo Studio is an excellent photo editor, that just needs a few tweaks. Like being able to right click on a photo in the photo manager and show that file in the Explorer file manager. Another feature I sorely miss. Consider these feature requests."
    Last edited by zBernie; 06-27-2018, 07:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by zBernie View Post
      . . . being able to right click on a photo in the photo manager and show that file in the Explorer file manager.
      For this I use a batch containing just a single line:

explorer.exe /select, "%1"

This batch does open a new explorer window and set the focus on the file. It is setup as external editor in AC and assigned to the keyboard shortcut ALT-E. Sorry, no right click :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Emil View Post

This batch does open a new explorer window and set the focus on the file. It is setup as external editor in AC and assigned to the keyboard shortcut ALT-E. Sorry, no right click :-)

Thanks, I'll give that a try! FYI, you posted under the wrong message, regarding editing text. Please read my updated reply to myself.

Comment

This doesn't work for me. Firstly, you cannot use a .bat batch file with the external editor feature, since the only option is .exe executable when locating the external editor. So, I tried creating a showfile.exe file on my desktop with the following command:

C:\Windows\SysWOW64\explorer.exe /select, "%1"

But even if I run this by itself, Windows displays the message "This app can't run on your PC".

Comment

I use a .cmd. To access it replace the default search expression "*.EXE" for "*.cmd".
            AC does not allow any parameters in the file path.
            Also at start up AC always checks if the defined external editors are accessible, if not (e g. stored on unattached external drive) AC will delete it w/o any note.

[Hey dev team! External editors definitely have to many quirks!!]

Comment

I use a .cmd. To access it replace the default search expression "*.EXE" for "*.cmd".
              AC does not allow any parameters in the file path.
              Also at start up AC always checks if the defined external editors are accessible, if not (e g. stored on unattached external drive) AC will delete it w/o any note.

[Hey dev team! External editors definitely have to many quirks!!]

I don't follow - When I add an external editor in AC it wants a .exe executable file. It's doesn't see .cmd, or any other file type.

Comment

My English obviously isn't good enough, sorry.

In the dialogue "Browse for Photo Editor Application" replace the string "*.EXE" in the field "File name" with "*.CMD" and click the "open" button.
                The dialogue then will display all CMD files in the selected folder.

Comment

My English obviously isn't good enough, sorry.

In the dialogue "Browse for Photo Editor Application" replace the string "*.EXE" in the field "File name" with "*.CMD" and click the "open" button.
                  The dialogue then will display all CMD files in the selected folder.
                  Ah, got it working! Thank you very much. FYI, I had opened a support ticket with ACD and after I was told it was not possible to show a photo in File Explorer, I told them to consider this a feature request, and was told they passed it along to development.

Comment

Working...
                  X