How to make a background transparent?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to make a background transparent?

Using Photo Studio for Windows, I want to create a watermark consisting of text. So I created a new image, and used the text tool to create the text. How can I then make the background transparent?

-Thanks

Hi zBerniem,

In ACDSee Ultimate version, e.g. ACDSee Ultimate 2018, you can first create a new image with the transparent background (instead of the default white background) in the manage mode. Next add text in the edit mode and then adjust the opacity slider if needed to have the text with a bit translucent and fading effect. Finally, save this file as PNG so the transparent background will be kept.

Hope this helps

James
    ACD Customer Care team

Comment

Originally posted by James W- View Post
      Hi zBerniem,

In ACDSee Ultimate version, e.g. ACDSee Ultimate 2018, you can first create a new image with the transparent background (instead of the default white background) in the manage mode. Next add text in the edit mode and then adjust the opacity slider if needed to have the text with a bit translucent and fading effect. Finally, save this file as PNG so the transparent background will be kept.

Hope this helps

James
      ACD Customer Care team

Yes, that helped. And also raised the question, can you make part of an existing photo transparent? Would selecting an area and setting the opacity to 0 have that affect? I don't think this is the same.

Comment

Hi zBernie,

The opacity slider will not help in this case. After selecting the area with one of the selection tools (e.g. lasso tool, magic wand, etc..), click Select menu and then choose "Delete Selected pixels" (or press Alt+Delete) to make that part transparent. Finally, save the file as PNG.

James
        ACD Customer Care team

Comment

I use the addition of a watermark in BachEdit. I hide the white parts of the logo with set the belend mode to multiplay.

Comment

Originally posted by James W- View Post
            Hi zBernie,

The opacity slider will not help in this case. After selecting the area with one of the selection tools (e.g. lasso tool, magic wand, etc..), click Select menu and then choose "Delete Selected pixels" (or press Alt+Delete) to make that part transparent. Finally, save the file as PNG.

James
            ACD Customer Care team

Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
            X