Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No .xmp file created when importing .NRW file from SD card

I've never had this problem before.

I imported some photos today from my SD card to my computer using ACDSee Ultimate 2018. They were taken using a Nikon Coolpix P7700 camera which saves RAW files in the .NRW format. Every third picture was copied from the SD card but no .xmp file was created so the image does not appear in Manage mode. (I discovered this by using File Explorer.) Oddly enough it shows as a blank square with the Luminar 2018 icon in the middle. (I have Luminar 2018 installed on this PC but it was not running at the time.) If I double-click on one, it opens just fine in Luminar 2018. If I close down Luminar after displaying a photo (no changes to the image made in Luminar), nothing changes in ACDSee.

I can add database info to these files using ACDSee. I tried embedding the data and got no error messages but, since there are no .xmp files, I don't know where it's saving the info when I embed the data.

Anyone have a clue?

I should have thought of this earlier. I exited ACDSee and started it up again. Situation resolved. I'd still like to know why it happened.

Comment

Working...
    X