Ultimate 2018 and Parallels VM

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ultimate 2018 and Parallels VM

I use a MAC and while I own ACDSee's Photo Studio 4 (the MAC version of Ultimate 2018, minus much of the functionality) I have never really been happy with it, feeling that the MAC version was a pale imitation of the real software. To remedy that I decided to download and install Ultimate 2018 on my Parallels VM, which runs Windows 10.

For some reason Ultimate 2018 will not actually run on my VM. It starts, I get the "wait a minute while I do some work" spinning cursor, and then I get a completely frozen and unresponsive application. I can do nothing with it. No buttons or icons work at all. I can not resize the window, I can not shut down the app, I can not open, close and edit anything and the only thing I can do is terminate it using the Ctrl-Alt-Delete. That makes me wonder if the problem is something on my machine or if there is an issue running Ultimate 2018 under a Parallels VM.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app, but it makes no difference. Is anyone running Ultimate 2018 under a Parallels VM successfully? Any help would be appreciated.

Hi Mikson,

Our QA has tested Ultimate 2018 in Windows 10 under Parallel Desktop 13 on MacOS 10.13, but cannot reproduce the issues you observed

I find your email address in our support system, so I will create a support ticket and send you an email to follow up this case in more details.

Regards,
    James
    ACD Customer Care

Comment

Working...
    X